• Start date
  • Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 2,031 Views

RageWizard

Since
Feb 4, 2010
Score
Tokens
The wifey and I are embarking ona wine tour next weekend with several members of the family on my side, well because her family are a bunch of mennonite freaks that don't drink, or use electricity, or even own a car, or a bunch of things that people have done since the 20th century.
So the wife comes back the other day with our "Lehigh Valley Wine Trail March Madness" tickets. It says right on the cover of the pamphlet that also serves as your ticket to several winerys, march madness right in the title.

How do they get away with this when it seems that noone can even mention the word March and Madness with in the same sentence. They always have to say the tournament, or the brackets. Anything but what it is actually called by CBS.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100303/NEWS/100309940/-1/NEWS16

http://www.lehighvalleywinetrail.com

Is March Madness copyrighted? How do you copyright March Madness?

People don't call the tournament March Madness any more? But you're saying CBS does? I am confused.

It must be because of all the great curling in March so people hear March Madness and assume you are talking about curling.

mennonites are as bad as mormons

People don't call the tournament March Madness any more? But you're saying CBS does? I am confused.

It must be because of all the great curling in March so people hear March Madness and assume you are talking about curling.

CBS is the only place allowed to say it. It is kind of like the Olympics are only allowed to be uttered on NBC, or the Super Bowl is only allowed to be called that for the network televising the game. Everyone else has to come up with a alternative way to call the game what it is. I've read about lawsuits for these types of things in the past, and this Wine Trail thing has been called the march madness for the last 10 years that we have went.

mennonites are as bad as mormons

Tell me about it, my old ladies father forbid her from going out with me when I frist met her ass at the farmers market, and ever since then they only talk to me when they need me to buy some more acreage aff of their asses for tax purposes. They have been over a couple of times in their horse and buggy routine, which just makes me laff my ass off.

are mennonites like the Amish?
Amish carpenters sell there work on old fashioned craftsmanship...
funny that they use generators to produce electricity for their modern power tools

Tell me about it, my old ladies father forbid her from going out with me when I frist met her ass at the farmers market, and ever since then they only talk to me when they need me to buy some more acreage aff of their asses for tax purposes. They have been over a couple of times in their horse and buggy routine, which just makes me laff my ass off.

LOL....you have to be joking.

are mennonites like the Amish?
Amish carpenters sell there work on old fashioned craftsmanship...
funny that they use generators to produce electricity for their modern power tools

They don't have electricity in the home, or running toliets, or a phone. From what I can tell, the Mennonites have black buggies, and the Amish have Grey buggies. If you like your family completely control by the man this may be the lifestyle for you. Women are even worth shit in this coulture, and they are expected to have a shit load of kids just like the mormons. The mormons however have it on the amish and mennonites with the several wifes thing. Not a bad idea until you think about living with all of those bitches.

Rager,
So how did you hook up with yoru woman? She had no phone, electricity, toilets so it must have been complicated and quite possibly a smelly situation to finally get in her pants. Seriously, this is fucked up.

LOL....you have to be joking.

No I'm not kidding, my old lady is a convert from the mennonite klan. It took me years to reform her into a person from the 21st century. Her family hates me for doing it also, but then again they can't make enough money to pay the rising property taxes, so I buy some land off of them and let them still farm it. You would think they would be thankful, but no the old man who runs the show (Jacob) is still an asshole. A couple of his sons are kind of cool, but when I see them they have to do it in secret like I'm sort of devil or something.

They don't have electricity in the home, or running toliets, or a phone. From what I can tell, the Mennonites have black buggies, and the Amish have Grey buggies. If you like your family completely control by the man this may be the lifestyle for you. Women are even worth shit in this coulture, and they are expected to have a shit load of kids just like the mormons. The mormons however have it on the amish and mennonites with the several wifes thing. Not a bad idea until you think about living with all of those bitches.

i wish the several wife thing was still in play, however it is now frowned upon. bastards. so because of that, i will never join their church,

No I'm not kidding, my old lady is a convert from the mennonite klan. It took me years to reform her into a person from the 21st century. Her family hates me for doing it also, but then again they can't make enough money to pay the rising property taxes, so I buy some land off of them and let them still farm it. You would think they would be thankful, but no the old man who runs the show (Jacob) is still an asshole. A couple of his sons are kind of cool, but when I see them they have to do it in secret like I'm sort of devil or something.

So do you take a cut from the veggie sales?

Rager,
So how did you hook up with yoru woman? She had no phone, electricity, toilets so it must have been complicated and quite possibly a smelly situation to finally get in her pants. Seriously, this is fucked up.

When I moved to PA, I was naive and saw her working at the farmers market where they all are every weekend. She was young as I was, and I just asked her out when I was buying some fruits and vegetables. She was looking to be rebelous, and fron that point on I corrupted her ass. Getting into her pants was easy. It was like showing the world to someone who was stuck in a cave their whole life. As for the smelly thing, that's not true. They have a shower and a toilet in a separate house. I know it is fucking freaky, and fucking cold in the winter, but I guess that is how they roll.

So do you take a cut from the veggie sales?

No, I just want them to acknowledge that I'm not that bad, and maybe just maybe we can get along. BTW veggie sales can't be that much. The old lady still goes out and gets fresh veggies, and I think she even pays fo them.

No, I just want them to acknowledge that I'm not that bad, and maybe just maybe we can get along.

Good on ya Rager!!! The next time the old man tries to sell you land tell him no and when he asks why tell him you think he's a big fucking hypocrite and you are tired of saving his ass and being disrespected.

My wife's parents live next to a menno town. I joked once that next time I visit I will buy 50 cases of beer put them in the bed of the truck and go there and have a tailgate party. Bad idea..