Happy Groundhog Day

• Start date
  • Replies 8 Comments
  • Views 1,361 Views
ah I miss driving to punxy back in college for the all night party

Happy Groundhog Day you bunch of filthy garlicky reprobates!!

On behalf of the Canadian contingent, I will keep an eye open for the prognostication from Wiarton Willie.

what was the result?

stupid groundhog...tired of winter

:dance:

Attachments

• forum014.jpg
    forum014.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 195
There are more of these supernatural rodents than I realized.

Canada's eastern groundhog prognosticator, Shubenacadie Sam, who calls Nova Scotias Shubenacadie Provincial Wildlife Park home, saw his shadow this morning, meaning another six weeks of winter, at least according to folklore.

Punxsutawney Phil emerged soon after at Gobblers Knob, Pennsylvania: As the sky shines bright above me, my shadow I see beside me, six more weeks of winter it will be, announced his handlers, confirming Sam's prediction of six more weeks of winter.

Ontario's very own Wiarton Willie just confirmed the same, while Saskatchewan's Watson Willow concurred.

However, Albertas Balzac Billy had another idea in mind. The mammal meteorologist predicted an early spring contradicting his eastern peers.

Still to come, predictions from B.C.'s Muk Muk and all the other weather-predicting rodents.

I had the perfect Groundhog Day.

Played the NBA board like a roulette table, stacks of chips all over the place, crazy combinations, backed by even crazier diagrams. And at the end of the day...?

Exactly even. To the f*cking dollar.

Tomorrow will be different. Guaranteed.

what was the result?

It said six more weeks of winter.

There are more of these supernatural rodents than I realized.

Canada's eastern groundhog prognosticator, Shubenacadie Sam, who calls Nova Scotia’s Shubenacadie Provincial Wildlife Park home, saw his shadow this morning, meaning another six weeks of winter, at least according to folklore.

Punxsutawney Phil emerged soon after at Gobblers Knob, Pennsylvania: “As the sky shines bright above me, my shadow I see beside me, six more weeks of winter it will be,” announced his handlers, confirming Sam's prediction of six more weeks of winter.

Ontario's very own Wiarton Willie just confirmed the same, while Saskatchewan's Watson Willow concurred.

However, Alberta’s Balzac Billy had another idea in mind. The mammal meteorologist predicted an early spring — contradicting his eastern peers.

Still to come, predictions from B.C.'s Muk Muk and all the other weather-predicting rodents.

someone started another one on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octoraro_Orphie. wtf?

from the phil page:
However, Punxsutawney Phil fans say that there is only one Phil (all the other groundhog weathermen are imposters), and that he has made weather prognostications for over 120 years as of 2010. They say that every summer, Phil is fed a sip of the mysterious Groundhog Punch, which magically lengthens his life for seven years. This is done by Inner Circle members.[4] According to the Groundhog Club, Phil, after making the prediction, speaks to the Club President in "Groundhogese", which only the Inner Circle appear to understand, and then his prediction is translated for the entire world.