• Replies 5 Comments
  • Views 646 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Took my car into the dealership for a regular oil change the other day. This is a car with 27000 km (17000 miles) on it which runs perfectly.

After about an hour, they paged me to the service desk where a guy outlined $1200 in miscellaneous service they were recommending. I repeat, this is a car with 27K km on it which runs perfectly.

Among their recommendations was about $500 of brake service on this perfect-running low-mileage car.

!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part was, there was one issue I actually was concerned about - my battery - and of course they said it needs replacing - but how am I going to believe a recommendation from these yahoos? I don't believe anything they say. So now if I want to get my battery properly evaluated, I will have to make a separate appointment somewhere else. Tools.

I understand trying to make money. I don't begrudge. But they treated me like I'm a moron. Maybe the math works for them and they make more money from people who buy their recommendations than they lose from people like me who will never go back. I don't know.

Bunch of long-haired pot-smoking hippies if you ask me.

:old:

why the hell are you taking your car to the dealer in the first place to get anything done.....waste of money.

why the hell are you taking your car to the dealer in the first place to get anything done.....waste of money.

Not often amby is right but he's right here

Lissen you ignoring-the-point bastages - it was free. During the course of the lease, this dealership sent me a thing that was good for two free oil changes and this was the second.

Okay? Make sense?

Now you kids get the hell off my lawn!!!!!:old:

Lissen you ignoring-the-point bastages - it was free. During the course of the lease, this dealership sent me a thing that was good for two free oil changes and this was the second.

Okay? Make sense?

Now you kids get the hell off my lawn!!!!!:old:
That is why they give you free oil changes at the dealership! Dealerships are notorious for getting your car in there and trying to charge you or get things done to your car that really don't need to be done. Not to mention their hourly service charge is almost double a regular shop....

I get that but they could apply a little more finesse. They could have sold me a battery without much trouble. But when they start hard-selling the brakes overhaul on my car which has 19 miles on it, I am like

ADIOS!