• Replies 11 Comments
  • Views 842 Views

whalewager

Since
Apr 4, 2010
Score
Tokens
I played like a girl yesterday...i think I am done

I played my first round of the year two weeks ago.
I sliced a good 5 or 6 off the tee and lost two in water.

Not at the giving up stage, at this point in my golfing 'career' it is mainly a social thing.

I played the worsest I ever done played...

It be embarrassing...in front of 2 very important people also

im humiliated

I tried golf but only lasted about 3 years, ages ~14-16. It was not my game. I never had a feel for it. There are sports I am quite good at but I became convinced golf would not be one of them so I just let it go.

Skiing was another.

starting to get into golf more.

there are a few par 3 holes across the street in the park, and my short game has always been my weak link...

can't wait till next spring/summer to show off my new skills I've been honing in douglass park this indian summer fall

Nice bump Archie! Please someone contact the Whale and see if he dances like he plays golf? I need this!

I talk to him a few times at sportsprescription.... what is the dancing connection/inside joke Monks?

I talk to him a few times at sportsprescription.... what is the dancing connection/inside joke Monks?

Ask Stevie!

ah... i'm dumb

okay, dancing like a lil girl

gotcha

Archie, the short game can be the most frustrating part of the game but there are a few basic things you can do to improve it relatively quickly.

Chipping: Most players weak in this area are weak because they don't understand that you still strike THRU the ball. You will find chilli-dippers or may be one yourself because they/you are so afraid of hitting the ball past the hole or maybe skull it across the green. These types tend to stop at impact but what this does is usually is raise or lower the hands from where they would have contacted the ball had they swung thru impact.

Even those players who avoid chunking the ball but still have troubles often have trouble because they want to HELP the ball instead of allowing the club do the work for them. Provided you choose the correct iron and TRUST your ability you would be amazed at how simple chipping can be.

Putting: One tip that never fails to improve almost immediately is seeing the ball pass thru you peripheral.

There are other tips to putting but the one I just gave you will make a serious impact immediately because it is instant reassurance that you kept you head still.

Wal I'll try the golf tips next time we hit the club. My problem is I can only do good on the front nine. By the time we hit back nine I'm already on the 6th beer and we are just goofing around with the golf carts until we hit 18th green.

Pav's I'm generally the opposite. I tend to play poorly on the front and then play my best on the back. Course drinking has noting to do with it in my case. I hate to hit practice balls in favor if just getting after it so it takes a while for the bones to numb up.

On the putting tip given as with any future tips given, if the alignment is the problem then that is the first fix required.

GameLive needs to have a golf outing sometime in the future.