Finally went to get the arm checked out.......

• Start date
  • Replies 26 Comments
  • Views 1,904 Views

BGS 9.5

Basement Dweller
Since
Jan 31, 2010
Score
Tokens
compound break of the elbow, also broken ulna. ole BGS needs orthepedic surgery ASAP.

fokk me

jaysus. whatd you do pal? ill be praying for a speedy recovery at my next sermon.

ouch

how long did you wait to get it checked?

good question. especially since a "compound fracture" means bone is sticking out of the skin...

Bummer dude.

Is it your drinking elbow?

gawd damn man...
how can you go weeks with a compound fracture?
or any fracture

gone weeks with a fracture before. sometimes its hard to tell and sometimes theres no point in getting an xray (ribs, phalanges etc). a compound fracture on the other hand....

BGS = one rugged hombre.

:bgs:

never broken a bone in my life...
my oldest boy broke his shin bone 2 yrs ago. I tried to get him to walk it off.
of course I didnt know it was broken until the xrays..

Between, Robyn, BGS, Fischy and Mikey GameLive should go into medical insurance.

Fokkers tougher than stevek199. I would have walked into the ER sobbing.

don't forget me Wal66

my ankle is still ailing

I think I have ligament damage in my ankle or the screw from the previous surgery is not right, not sure if I am going to pay for Cobra and get it fixed or just buy a bunch of painkillers and self medicate.

don't forget me Wal66

my ankle is still ailing

Yep yep, I forgot about that Arch. Ya'll some accident prone individuals but at least you spell better than I do.

Wally, when you type the sheer number of words that you do, you are bound to get some of them wrong

here's the story....

Was in Tampa 2 weekends ago. Was hopping out the back seat of a convertible (parked), and my foot got hung up on something on the door. Down I go on the pavement, elbow first.

Shit hurt like hell, but I had no idea there was this kind of damage. Ice and ibuprofin seemed to work well until yesterday, when my forearm started to throb. Went to Centra Care this afternoon (oh, did I mention I am flying to Ohio tomorrow?) these doctors were in absolute awe that I hadn't come in sooner for the pain when the saw the x-rays. Elbow is so shot, it hardly even hurt anymore (yes, compound, but I really couldnt see how bad it was. Gave me a script for percs. and sent me to the orthepedic for soft cast and sling. I meet with the surgeon next Wednesday......

a broken wing burial, unfuckingrel.....

Yes....aka open fracture.

didn't break the skin, but grossly sticking out. I have a disk of the 3 x-rays, I'll try and post them.....