• Views 638 Views

RogueScholar

I love you, Chord!
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Yippee!

Masoli pled guilty today to second-degree burglary for stealing two laptops and a guitar from an on-campus frat house. Chip Kelly suspended him for the entire upcoming season following the plea, but was quick to add that he would keep his scholarship and the university had already begun filing his redshirt paperwork so they wouldn't lose a year of his eligibility.

Is this even punishment? He'd be receiving the same treatment if he was injured, but he's not, he's now a felon. Looks like my rival to the south doesn't give a shit about their reputation, especially in the wake of the LeGarrette Blount sucker punch last September. It reminds me of a forum I used to frequent, leading me to begin calling Oregon "U-faggot-O".

The judicial punishment consists of 12 months summary probation, 140 hours community service and a $5,200 fine.

The incident is one of many involving U-faggot-O players this offseason, including but not limited to domestic violence, DUI and assault.

he should have been expelled from the team permantly.
BS that the NCAA deosnt step in with cases like this

Personally I think the school should be responsible for suspensions or expulsions from the team, it's their reputation on the line one way or the other. It seems to me that the NCAA's role in this would be to make sure that the student's scholarship was pulled for at least a year after an incident like this. It has to be a breach of public policy for the taxpayers of the State of Oregon to foot the bill for a felon to attend college when he can't compete on the field.

Oregon has been recruiting some real pieces of work lately...

Not familiar with Masoli's status in terms of year and eligibility left, but if I were him I'd just transfer and sit out a year at another school rather than the school that suspends me yet thinks I'm good enough where I'm not kicked off the team permanently. I don't know, something about the "you're suspended 1 year, but we want you back the next season" just sounds weak to me.

Look, who hasn't stolen a guitar or two