Does anyone watch Jeopardy?

• Start date
  • Replies 47 Comments
  • Views 5,083 Views
I tape things pretty much every day. We have been through this before. I am perfectly willing to feel bad and out-of-date for taping things, but first I need someone to explain to me how else I am going to capture things on TV here and take them over to my girlfriend's place.

You both get DVR. You set hers to anything you would ever possibly bring over to her place and watch. If it is something that you watch on your own or she doesn't care for...all she does is click a button and it is deleted..

No need to bring things anywhere then.

Muddy, you should be going over to your girlfriends place and MAKING tapes.

Muddy's Mistress

MudCat Cunnilingus

Muddy the Molester

There are a million ways to do it Muddy, starting from the antiquated DVD recorder. That's right, DVD recorders are outdated. These days it's all DVR and streaming and downloading and ball-bearing shit.

I peed in a day old Chipolte burrito bowl last night because I couldn't get out of the car. I tried the Triscut box first, very bad idea.

MsX, are you sure you are not one of the "guys"?

...this is shit the TP crowd would do. Kinda made my skin crawl.

You both get DVR. You set hers to anything you would ever possibly bring over to her place and watch. If it is something that you watch on your own or she doesn't care for...all she does is click a button and it is deleted..

That is a lot more complicated and less flexible than what I do by taping. That is a good example of working for technology instead of technology working for me.

That is a lot more complicated and less flexible than what I do by taping. That is a good example of working for technology instead of technology working for me.

It is a lot less complicated than you realize as recording is merely a click of a button. Nothing to really "set" like with a VCR.

Muddy's too old for that voodoo shit. :nigerian:

It is a lot less complicated than you realize as recording is merely a click of a button. Nothing to really "set" like with a VCR.

I think you have started with a conclusion you want to reach and you aren't thinking about the situation.

MY WAY: I see something we might want to watch together and I program my VCR.

YOUR WAY: Same process at my end. Worst case scenario - it takes 10 seconds longer than a PVR. Fine, we'll factor that in.

BUT THEN ALSO - what, I phone my girlfriend? I interrupt whatever she is doing to record the same thing. And what if she's not home? I'd guess that about 40% of the times I phone her, she's not here. So what? I leave a message to call me back but also leave myself a reminder in case she doesn't call back in time? If she doesn't get back to me, I drive over there? Then I let myself into her place and click her button (which, on the bright side, I understand is a very quick process). That's assuming whatever I am taping isn't starting right away after the time I figure out I want it, and there wouldn't be time for the drive even if I left immediately.

Come on man.

Don't DVR's have flashdrives? Can't you simply put it on a stick and watch it elsewhere?
Christmas is right around the corner Muddy, girlfreind gets a new DVR and you get" happy happy joy joy sex cause this is better than a kitchen appliance" sex as your reward.

He's probably so experienced by now at setting his VCR that it's not really all that long of a process.

I don't see a problem with it, based on what he needs to do with the recorded programs. I can't believe they haven't come out with something more easy and widespread to do what he needs to do.

well on top of the inconvenience of taping things there is also the fact that the quality on DVR is about 100 times better than a tape. Not to mention the constant bringing a video tape back and forth and one less electronic device on your stand...

I know where this is going though...it is like trying to explain to my mother that Email is a necessary thing and much easier than regular mail.

Wait.... I think what everyone is overlooking is that dude is taping Jeopardy to go watch at his girlfriends house. Jeopardy.

I know where this is going though...it is like trying to explain to my mother that Email is a necessary thing and much easier than regular mail.

He really has no other options outlined by his post above. It is not comparable to e-mail vs. regular mail.

Wait.... I think what everyone is overlooking is that dude is taping Jeopardy to go watch at his girlfriends house. Jeopardy.

You think Muddy sits there shouting out answers to impress the girlfriend.

He really has no other options outlined by his post above. It is not comparable to e-mail vs. regular mail.

He does have options....he just refuses to explore them further...:mudcat: