Does anyone watch Around The Horn?

• Start date
  • Replies 20 Comments
  • Views 1,708 Views
Boxing is the only sport that does it for me nowadays. Gambling is the root of all evil.

Don't you guys still love YOUR teams though? I'll admit that I don't really care too much about sports in general. I can watch some tournament and playoff games and be entertained, but regular season games between teams I don't care about don't interest me that much.

When it comes to MY teams though, I'm still obsessed. I know as much as anybody in the world (not employed by a team or publication) about UVA football/basketball, the Atlanta Braves and the Washington Redskins. I'm on those sites and boards daily scouring the latest news. I DVR and watch every single one of those teams' games every single year, and probably always will.

I don't have teams. I had teams in my childhood that my life revolved around. I do miss that in a way. It provided many thrills. But I have completely abandoned my childhood teams and they mean nothing to me now.

I used to be a big Blue Jays fan and supported them from the time they were nothing through their 2 World Series'. That was quite a ride. I suppose I could potentially jump on the bandwagon again if they ever contended again. But it may take simultaneous plane crashes involving the Yankees and Red Sox for that to happen.

So really my only team now is Team Canada any time there is one, particularly hockey.

Most people here probably don't realize it but I support Team Canada in hockey.

I followed the Braves when they were losing 100 games a year. I still get the MLB package and DVR every single one of their games. I get excited to see every pitch. Sometimes I'll watch a UVA basketball or football game (the few that they win) several times and breakdown the film to get an understanding of schemes being run. But I'm like that. I really enjoy the technical aspect of basketball and football. I like seeing things that other don't pick up and understanding what a team is trying to accomplish in a certain offensive set or play...or where they are failing or succeeding in their defensive scheme.