Do you buy organic fruit and veggies?

• Start date
  • Replies 57 Comments
  • Views 2,804 Views
Genetically modified organism

I feel like there will be a handful of posters who will read this as "there is no health benefit difference between organic and non-organic" (not saying that was your intention, just pointing it out).

study after study is showing that there is nothing better or healthier/more nutritional about organic and until they are able to do any sort of long term studies, scientist are all agreeing that there is no true nutritional upper hand with either... non organic veggies are found to contain a bit more pesticide residue though... interesting enough, ecoli is more prevalent in organic chicken

We don't. I am eating a non organic green apple right now and it tastes fucking great.

Sign at meat store last night: vegetables are bad meat is good

I thought that was a pretty aggressive way to encourage coronary artery disease

You know I never know which way Boner is going to go.

Bacon- I want to eat/drink your avatar-organic or not.

Boner just appreciates a good scam. He's a jew in spirit.

scam

grass fed beef though

farmers market when available

not a food nazi though

Iag that's Champs Sports Grill

Highly recommended. Don't even have a menu recommendation because there is no missing everything is the best.

Iag that's Champs Sports Grill

Highly recommended. Don't even have a menu recommendation because there is no missing everything is the best.

Damn. We had one of those a mile from mom's house. I never went there, and just looked it up and see it closed last year after 20 years...looks like it was a chain. Food looks good. You snooze you lose I guess.

Matty-thanks, it's all beginning to make sense.

Yeah I think only State and Altoona now.

scam

grass fed beef though

farmers market when available

not a food nazi though

Kato, my friend, do you think farmers markets are scams?

no - i think the organic system is a big scam

love the farmers market

Anyone who thinks organic eggs, beef and chicken are a scam are either uninformed, crazy people or lost in a cloud of rationalization.

:greencheck:

Anyone who thinks organic eggs, beef and chicken are a scam are either uninformed, crazy people or lost in a cloud of rationalization.

From the Big Chill:

Michael: I don't know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations. They're more important than sex.

Sam Weber: Ah, come on. Nothing's more important than sex.

Michael: Oh yeah? Ever gone a week without a rationalization?

fruits and vegetables - scam

I was mostly reading up on fruits and veggies. I'm not convinced at all that organic fruits and veggies are NOT a scam. I see organic fruits and veggies in the grocery store and it look healthy, plump etc. so it has to be sprayed with something. what they are sprayed with is what I am unsure of. It can't be natural type of spray. It has to be some sort of nasty chemical(s).