• Start date
  • Replies 16 Comments
  • Views 1,127 Views

illmatick

Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
Canadians rejoice??? Dawson at -140 by decision is tempting, he's shown a tendency to be more than content with boxing his way to decision in fights that he more than likely could have finished if only he had turned it up late ... Pascal took some big shots in the Froch fight, chin shouldn't be an issue

anyone else looking into this fight tonight??

Good bet IMO. Small homer play on Pascal outright here. Common Jean!

Weeeeeeeeeee! :dance:

Did you watch it Illy? I had to listen to it on the fokken radio Sat. night as I was out in the boons and the only nearby bar wasn't willing to buy the PPV. Ugh.

I just watched the fight and omg, what an unfortunate way to end this. I'm glad my boy won obviously but I would've love to see the final round. I'm 60% positive that Pascal would've been able to run and seal a UD victory, but who knows. That cut was squirting blood like you see in low-budget horror flicks. Nasty!

Good suspenseful fight regardless. Biggest win ever by a Quebecois boxer, maybe even at the national level.

:dance::matty::canada::dance:

nice win matty. framboise was all in on the other side. he may or may not be dead now.

Chad's a dog. Pascal just wanted it more and outworked him.

Pascal vs. Bute would be huge up north.

Pascal vs. Bute will fill up Bell Centre (21k seats). I see no point in doing it now though - it'll sell out even 5 years from now, regardless of what happens in both guys' careers. They should first go after the other big names at 168 and 175.

Not much to do at 175 unless it's an immediate rematch with Dawson. Cloud doesn't deserve a title shot yet and I hope I don't have to watch B-Hop ever again.

168 is loaded but most of the top guys are tied up for a bit with the tourney. Can't imagine Pascal nor Bute would want any part of Ward anyway. And I'd imagine Ward vs. either guy would be in the states since he, unlike Dawson, can draw a crowd (especially if he wins the Super 6).

True, not much at 175 outside Hopkins (who will fight again either late this year or early next year if you trust what he said on FNF)

I always say I'll never watch B-Hop fights again but I keep buying them. 50 bucks for turdtastic fights like B-Hop/Winky Wright and that joke of a rematch with RJJ. :cono:

Is there boxing rehab?

Hops-Winky was the most maddening fight ever. I fokken hate Winky and his turtleshell defense - unwatchable shit.

I'm also ashamed to say that I paid for the RJJ rematch. I was excited like a kid when the 1st round started. Guys like us are the reason those meaningless fights get made. :duh:

Weeeeeeeeeee! :dance:

Did you watch it Illy? I had to listen to it on the fokken radio Sat. night as I was out in the boons and the only nearby bar wasn't willing to buy the PPV. Ugh.

I just watched the fight and omg, what an unfortunate way to end this. I'm glad my boy won obviously but I would've love to see the final round. I'm 60% positive that Pascal would've been able to run and seal a UD victory, but who knows. That cut was squirting blood like you see in low-budget horror flicks. Nasty!

Good suspenseful fight regardless. Biggest win ever by a Quebecois boxer, maybe even at the national level.

:dance::matty::canada::dance:

great win for you!!

I have the fight recorded.. plan on watching it before friday, couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the play, i was a bit spooked by the late movement(line dropped to around -120). I even considered a popcorn bet on pascal by decision just because 5 dimes was putting out an insane number

Bute is easily my favorite fighter to watch right now, Pascal would be an awesome fight, also a Froch rematch could be interesting

you see this shit Matty, filthy Quebecers!!!! I knew I was foked once I realized they hired the same Belgium judge that robbed Ionut Dan Ion(Daniel Van de Wiele)

I'm confident that Dawson and Hopkins would both handle him in a rematch:xpansive:

Last edited:
It was a close fight pal and Pascal had the 2 knockdowns working for him. Hopkins is a little bitch, he was trying to mock the 2 knockdowns... the first one was borderline but it wasn't really a rabbit punch. The 2nd knockdown was sweet as fok, two quick lefts that made Hopkins' knees buckle... that fok was trying to blame the canvas or some shit. Delusional lil bitch.

That said, Pascal is totally fighting over his skill level. He's not world-class - he's got the speed but no refined sense of offense or even defense. Poor man's Roy Jones. I agree that Dawson takes him in a rematch. Not sure about a 46yo Hopkins.

Upon further review, the first knockdown was a 100% legit flash KD. Hopkins was off-balance and the punch landed on the side of the head.

Bitch I say.

Pascal had a brilliant start but after those first three rounds I had it all hopkins. I would be lying though if I said there wasn't a piece of me that didn't enjoy seeing hopkins get buckled.:rotfl:

BUT!!! you're crazy if you don't think Hopkins would be the betting favorite in a rematch..assuming it takes place before he hits 50.

Luckily for you guys though, you still have the best middleweight on the planet...expect big things from Bute in 2011...I would make him the favorite over any other fighter in the division, including Andre Ward.

Last edited:
Didn't say anything about betting odds. I thought it was crazy that Pascal opened at something like -250. I think it should be a pick 'em if a rematch happened next month. Hopkins is not getting any better while Pascal can probably work on some adjustments.

Hopkins is such a fokken ninja though... to be still messing with fools at his age is unbelievable. True legend.

KD #1 - side of the head, towards the back

KD #2 :clap::clap:

That said, Pascal is totally fighting over his skill level. He's not world-class - he's got the speed but no refined sense of offense or even defense. Poor man's Roy Jones. I agree that Dawson takes him in a rematch. Not sure about a 46yo Hopkins.

agree, I find it laughable at how many people were trying to rank him over Bute after beating dawson,still a solid fighter though...Froch has expressed his desire for a rematch after the super-6.

here is the real pride of Canada, :like:...one of the few fighters I would pay top money to watch.