Dawgs barking check in backers

• Start date
  • Replies 22 Comments
  • Views 1,118 Views
FW, we do tend to rely on defense more. I know last year AJ McCarron's job was not to lose the game for us. This year he gets a little bit more freedom but not a lot. I know I like it when we run it down someone's throat, especially in the 4th quarter. I love watching a great defense play. If the other team can't score on ya, then its hard for them to beat ya.

FW, we do tend to rely on defense more. I know last year AJ McCarron's job was not to lose the game for us. This year he gets a little bit more freedom but not a lot. I know I like it when we run it down someone's throat, especially in the 4th quarter. I love watching a great defense play. If the other team can't score on ya, then its hard for them to beat ya.

You also keep inferior offenses in the game longer than they should be. I would think LsU has more talent than UF, no? UF couldn't move the ball at all until LSU's best defensive play was hurt. LSU struggled with Auburn also.

FW, the SEC has and has had quarterbacks that can sling it, if you remember them Manning boys are from SEC and Tyler Wilson plays at Arkansas. Shaw and Murray both can throw the ball as well but it's not what this league is all about. Defense will always be the calling card and offense is there to not lose the game. It does get a little too conservative at times but you just grow up appreciating it I guess round' here.

I LOVE how the country is touting Notre Dame's defense for how good it is. It is good but it's not the same kind of good as an Alabama, LSU, South Carolina or dare I say maybe even a Florida. I would like to include a Georgia in that as well but even with the shootout win over Tennessee and now this South Carolina game I'm not so sure that they are among the elites. Probably should be based on the talent but for whatever reason just don't look it on the field.

UGA should be no where close to a discussion of top Ds..
not since Van Gorder left many yrs ago
yr after yr it baffles me how all these supposedly top tier athletes playing in the secondary get embarrassed by any team w/ a decent coach.

I thought Georgia being ranked #5 wasn't justified to begin with. Equally so though I see Florida is now ranked 4th and that too is too soon. If we beat South Carolina then maybe but it's not deserved at this point. The Gators are a much improved team without a doubt but we have yet to face a serious threat offense. Texas A&M and maybe Tennessee are the closest to a decent offense as we've played. Our defense is surprisingly no joke though against teams that play it super conservative.

Last edited: