• Replies 9 Comments
  • Views 575 Views

MrX

never had an intact pistachio club
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Speaking of dating games and serial killers, are you guys aware that serial killer Rodney Alcala appeared on, and won, an episode of The Dating Game in 1978? This is during his killing spree. Somehow I never heard of this.

Bachelor number 1.

He's kind of goofy, but would not have pegged him as as serial killer. Is it just me or does she have some abnormally big gums?

Wow! Scary! Probably she never can bear to watch that episode anymore!

IAG
He's kind of goofy, but would not have pegged him as as serial killer.

:yup: They should really do background checks. He had already been convicted twice for assaults on young girls (8 and 13). Have a nice date. Between this and the Casper thing, I hope you gamelive women have learned something about going on dating shows.

IAG
Is it just me or does she have some abnormally big gums?

She is supremely gummy. It's not a look I care for.

Wow. Just read more about him. Never had heard of him before.

I wonder if all his killings happened at night.

IAG
Wow. Just read more about him. Never had heard of him before.

I wonder if all his killings happened at night.

Pretty crazy stuff. I'd like to see footage of this:

wikipedia
For the third trial Alcala elected to act as his own attorney. He took the stand in his own defense, and for five hours played the roles of both interrogator and witness, asking himself questions (addressing himself as "Mr. Alcala" in a deeper-than-normal voice), and then answering them.[32] During this bizarre self-questioning and answering session he told jurors, often in a rambling monotone, that he was at Knott's Berry Farm when Samsoe was kidnapped.[29] He showed the jury a portion of his 1978 appearance on The Dating Game in an attempt to prove that the earrings found in his Seattle locker were his, not Samsoe's;[33] but any earrings he might have worn on the program were obscured by his shoulder-length hair.[34] He made no significant effort to dispute the four added charges.[11] As part of his closing argument, he played the portion of the Arlo Guthrie song "Alice's Restaurant" in which the protagonist tells a psychiatrist that he wants to "kill".[35]

She has a somewhat high gum-to-tooth ratio. I've seen worse but it's there. Frankly there are other issues with her I find more off-putting.

I find the whole deal disturbing and tough to watch as is. It doesn't need a true crime angle to be creepy.

Adding a serial murder angle just seems like overkill. So to speak.

The whole baby-voice thing she did was disturbing.

To her credit, she refused to go on the date with him.

She said he was "creepy."

I guess that's one of those decisions you can feel pretty good about for the rest of your life. Like refusing to board a plane that subsequently crashes.

MrX
Pretty crazy stuff. I'd like to see footage of this:
I do too. WTH. Did you see the more recent picture of him sans the long hair? Fokking weirdo.