Curling

• Start date
  • Replies 216 Comments
  • Views 18,889 Views
Americans are toast.

Barring a miracle, Canada to play Denmark for a 3rd time - this time for the gold medal.

Got to get in the spirit of it. Get my hate on for the Danish.

DANISH SCUM!!!

:mudcat:

Gold medal game at 9 am EST tomorrow morning. Can't believe I have set my alarm for a Sunday.

In-game discussion will be RIGHT HERE.

Not happy with how this has started. Canada has kinda given up their advantage from having last rock in the 1st. Forced to take 1 then giving up a deuce.

5th end looking to have some interesting possibilities though.

Yap, Canada grabs a deuce and then forces a single.

Back to even with hammer heading into the 7th.

That's good but it's hanging by a thread and tension is building.

XBcTKdR.gif

Combination of good shot-making by Canada and questionable tactics by Denmark in the 9th.

CANADA DEUCE!!

Up 2 in the 10th, Denmark with hammer.

:littleboy:

Canadian women's championship is in the playoff phase. Final 4 and whatnot. Who will represent?

Defending champs Team Canada play Northern Ontario ---> winner plays Ontario ---> winner play Manitoba for all the marbles.

I kinda root for my home province Ontario team, skipped by the very talented, young, sorta appealingly bitchy, pretty hawt, Rachel Homan.

rachel-homan-130223.jpg

She got 'er done!

Now there's just the small matter of representing Canada at the worlds.

AAntYgt.img

I know what you're thinking. How is the Brier going?

Well sir, the playoffs are set. 3 of the 4 teams I love, all former world champs or Olympic gold medalists. The other team - which happens to be the #1 seed - is a very good team - but just not with that big prize pedigree that makes me feel so warm and fuzzy.

My preference is the #4 seed, Brad Jacobs, who won gold at Sochi. Got a hill to climb though.

Brad Gushue won that by the way. The former Olympic Gold Medalist won the Brier in his home province of Newfoundland/Labrador. So once again he wears the colors of Team Canada.

Meanwhile, on the women's side, the World Championships are happening in Beijing, and the Rachel Homan rink of Ontario and Canada is in the gold medal game on Sunday.

They are currently undefeated in the tourney. Opposition for the final still to be determined.

So that is your update of that.

2893-3304_wide.jpg

I'm sure that this has come up, but I can't remember. Have you done much curling yourself?

We have a curling center in town. I'd like to learn, but I'm always playing hockey with my spare recreational time.

Wouldn't you like to? Seems like such an accessible thing to do.

MrX
I'm sure that this has come up, but I can't remember. Have you done much curling yourself?

We have a curling center in town. I'd like to learn, but I'm always playing hockey with my spare recreational time.

No worries! Your body will tell you when it's time to go from rec hockey to rec curling! Hopefully it won't be that soon! Trust me! :oldballs:

I wouldn't mind trying curling. It doesn't seem like it would be my game. I am traditionally better at power sports than finesse sports. It's not a hard and fast rule; I shoot a pretty good game of pool. Whatever, I would not say no to an invitation to curl. It's hard to see how that might come about though.

I have thrown a rock. Curling is really hard.