Creative ways to earn airline miles

• Start date
  • Replies 40 Comments
  • Views 4,636 Views
25% for a few days? I don't think so.

A credit card company is not going to reject a refund back to a card, doesn't matter if it was the card used for the purchase or not.

still. no chance on getting a CA for a negative balance.

now if he had a balance higher than the $1200, thats a different story

nm plommy. i see what you're saying.

do the CA first, then return for said amount of CA.

my brain is fried from all the christmas stuff with the kids today

ok plommer, after thinkin about this more, im still not sure it would work doing a cash advance.

if he has 2 cards both with a zero balance and takes a $1200 cash advance on one card, does a split transaction on that same card and another card for a $1200 tv, how would he split the original payment?

if he puts $100 on the cash advance card and $1100 on the other and then returns the tv and puts the $1100 on the cash advance card, he still has an $1100 balance on the other card?

what am i missing here?

ok plommer, after thinkin about this more, im still not sure it would work doing a cash advance.

if he has 2 cards both with a zero balance and takes a $1200 cash advance on one card, does a split transaction on that same card and another card for a $1200 tv, how would he split the original payment?

if he puts $100 on the cash advance card and $1100 on the other and then returns the tv and puts the $1100 on the cash advance card, he still has an $1100 balance on the other card?

what am i missing here?

The purpose of the cash advance is to pay off the amount charged to the rewards card used in the split transaction.

It will cost a few dollars in fees.

The purpose of the cash advance is to pay off the amount charged to the rewards card used in the split transaction.

It will cost a few dollars in fees.

but in the end he'll still have a balance on one of the 2 cards. seems like a lot of trouble when he could just keep it on the rewards card.

edit: unless this is just a rewards scheme and not a free money scheme as you stated you have done!

Last edited: