• Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 571 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I feel like it has become a bit of a tradition for me to start these threads - which is odd - because I don't watch the CFL and barely know what's going on at any given time.

But here we are. Again.

So the game is on Sunday at 6-ish. It's in Ottawa, the nation's capital, in this the 150th anniversary year of Canada's confederation. TD Place Stadium is the venue.

Typically, the The Over/Under for the number of plays I will watch in any given Grey Cup is around 3.5. Now this year, it would be higher as the Toronto Argonauts are in the game. They are my team. Theoretically. I mean, if someone offers you an O/U of 3.5 on the number of players on the Argos I could name, take the UNDER. But they are traditionally my team. I could potentially get a bit interested, 4 plays worth anyhow.

So it is the Calgary Stampeders versus the Toronto Argonauts.

Calgary is favored by 7. Moneyline is -300/+250. Total is 53.

Not sure if I will have a wager or not. I am too caught up in the passion of sheer sport at the moment. We shall see.

BhTV12S.jpg

I feel like it has become a bit of a tradition for me to start these threads - which is odd - because I don't watch the CFL and barely know what's going on at any given time.
BhTV12S.jpg

Doesn't matter if you watch it or not, you're Canadian so glad you started it! I don't watch much baseball AT ALL until the playoffs! I think was it last year I watched it cause of your posting bout it? Rooting for Argos but they lost? Might be wrong on both counts!

Anyway please LET ME KNOW what time and channel I can watch it on!

GO ARGOS! ONE TIME FOR YOUR MAYOR!

rob_ford.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x768.jpg

Luv him or hate him, you gotta miss this guy! I do lots! :cheers:

Last year's Grey Cup was played in Toronto but the Argos weren't in it. It was won by the Ottawa Redblacks over Calgary.

This year's game is in fact a rematch of the last time the Argos were in it. That was 2012 and the Argos won.

The broadcast starts at 6 but kick-off will be more like 6:30. The channel for me is TSN (The Sports Network). I don't know if that is available to you somehow or if that answers your question???

The halftime show headliner is Shania Twain. You may recall she did the Super Bowl halftime show in 2003.

So that's how her career is going.

That's right, is was in Toronto last year! I think it is ESPN2 for US fans! Go Argos and Shania!

shania-twain-performs-at-the-today-show-concert-series-03.jpg

Still very HOT at 50+!

I try to bet with my head and not my heart. Always. Even though I am only betting air in this case, I still want to be right. So I do not want to just auto-pick the Argos cuz I want them.

I always lean towards betting on the Western team - because the west has been consistently better for like 50 years - and they were again this year.

But I guess the oddsmakers know that.

Okay here it is:

Argos +7 +105 (5dimes)

:handshake:

You gotta luv it with the game being played in the snow! Unheard of with the Super Bowl where that would be owners worst nightmare with all the extra BS that goes on with the game! Argos need some points before the half! :yes:

wire-1798456-1511741748-817_634x501.jpg

Yeah I don't know how the Argos have got 6 points. The parts of the game I've watched - they haven't been able to get anything going. I don't think I've seen them even get a first down.

And as I say that, they get a safety on special teams. We'll take it. But the offense needs to get clicking.

Whoa. Massive turnaround right there. Calgary on the doorstep of making it a 2 score game with time running down ---> Argos force the fumble and return it 109 yards for a TD.

2 point convert is good.

Tie game.

:ohmy:

Wow! Appears the Argos were done and now 24-24 after that fumble return!

Must be a lot of serious facepalms in Stampeder-land.

Oh well. Tough shit and whatnot.