• Start date
  • Replies 17 Comments
  • Views 747 Views

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
Listed below are all the teams that qualify for tonights games. Some remain potential plays while others are eliminated through continued filters.

Davidson -9
Chattanooga -1 (Eliminated)
Fairfield -5.5 (Eliminated)
Georgia Southern +7.5 (Eliminated)
Virginia -4
Middle Tennessee St -15.5 (Eliminated on final filter)
Valparaiso (Eliminated)
South Alabama -5.5
Denver -12
Niagra -2.5
California -1 (Eliminated)
Oregon -8 (Eliminated)
Northern Colorado +11.5 (Eliminated)
Illinois -4 (Eliminated)
Long Beach St -1 (Eliminated)
Stanford -1
New Mexico St -7
LA Tech +10.5 (Eliminated)

There is a potential winner in there somewhere. I've run out of filters so it's close to coin time.

Way to go there! Keep up the good work! If I see something good, I'll let you know!

kato like niagra

Last year this was so easy. I mean when I went back and checked the number I only hit just over 57% but I could simply run my numbers and play what qualified without doing anything else.

This year if I played my qualifiers I would be somewhere around 38%. So I am scraatching my eyes out trying to figure out different approaches to narrow down the qualifiers. It's beyond frustrating.

The good news is I don't care about it from a gambling perspective at this point because I can take or leave that. I want to beat the system. I want to do what all the smart guys and guys with resources strive to do and do it with none of what they have.

When I came to GameLive I had a crazy idea that with a smaller more intimate group of people we would form a bond and unite to create a super group of guys who combined their efforts which would have been more rewarding and more profitable than trying to do it alone. Unfortunately GameLive while a great gathering of individuals remains a gathering of individuals.

Wally, gave this 5 stars my friend! Nothing like at least making an effort!

Last year this was so easy. I mean when I went back and checked the number I only hit just over 57% but I could simply run my numbers and play what qualified without doing anything else.

This year if I played my qualifiers I would be somewhere around 38%. So I am scraatching my eyes out trying to figure out different approaches to narrow down the qualifiers. It's beyond frustrating.

The good news is I don't care about it from a gambling perspective at this point because I can take or leave that. I want to beat the system. I want to do what all the smart guys and guys with resources strive to do and do it with none of what they have.

When I came to GameLive I had a crazy idea that with a smaller more intimate group of people we would form a bond and unite to create a super group of guys who combined their efforts which would have been more rewarding and more profitable than trying to do it alone. Unfortunately GameLive while a great gathering of individuals remains a gathering of individuals.

or maybe no one that actually wins at this wants to work with a fucking moron

or maybe no one that actually wins at this wants to work with a fucking moron

I'll let you write for The Spread Beneath My Wings (if you give me final editorial authority.)

very nice offer..i just became a proud member there myself!

(watch how fast my spam folder fills up now...):lol:

I'll let you write for The Spread Beneath My Wings (if you give me final editorial authority.)

Will you include my Durito Challenge record to show that I was once a winning moron?

After watching the lines and digging further I have my final card.

Today's Plays:

Davidson -8.5
Niagra -3

Maybe the extra filters I tested out yesterday made the difference or maybe it was just a coincidence. I had 18 games qualify and through various filters I narrowed that down to 7 potential games. My selecting Niagra and Davidson was somewhat random but of the 7 they went 5-2. The 11 games that were eliminated went 4-7 and the overall 18 went 9-9.

I will continue the method implimented yesterday but as already stated the final card was still random so maybe if the filters continue to work the next step is to make the final selections more predictable.

Good day for you wally. Nice work. Those filters sound like they might drive you crazy though.

Can someone explain to me briefly what are the continued filters Wally is talking about?

Can someone explain to me briefly what are the continued filters Wally is talking about?

Wally has a system to come up with a projected line for each game. After he looks at that he eliminates games based off a plethora of variables until he comes up with only a few choice games that qualify for his plays.

Wals Recipe

Pavy, as you probably already know since I have never hidden the fact and since Durito has chastised me about on more than one occasion I start with Sargins as a base.

After every matchup is ran through a Sargins rinse I add a personal factor to the mix for home court advantage and the concoction begins to separate. The potential plays rise to the surface while the rest just settles to the bottom.

Now the filters as I call them are basically just various other comparisons like home vs. road records and stats. Previous overall game trends as well as Head to Head tendencies. After this mixes completely you have to set it to the side and start your toppings.

In this process we will look at the public percentages at the time and check those against earlier percentages to see if there is a pattern taking shape. Add a pinch of Pinny leans and allow to cool.

Now take anything that has survived and that is the final product. The portion size depends on how hungry you are on any given day.

If you have a more delicate palette youll wait and allow to cool for several more hours and once again add another round of public percentages and line moves.

Pav's, I wish I was smart enough to do the things listed above and the few I didn't list automatically but I'm not. the problem doing it all manually is rushing and missing a step or overlooking one or any number of little things that could screw things up or give a false positive.