Casper’s Quarantine Horse Racing Plays

• Start date
  • Replies 832 Comments
  • Views 38,168 Views
plommy, I know nothing about the ponies but I saw your post and curious why Florida ponies are harder to cap.
They are harder to cap for me because I'm not very knowledgeable about the jockeys/trainers/owners etc at Gulfstream. I know only what I can garner from the form.

At Woodbine I'm familiar with most of these things I described about Gulfstream and can pick up on subtleties such as rider changes, allegiances etc. Also, trainers ship from various northern tracks (NY/Baltimore etc) to Gulfstream which adds to the unknown factor. At Woodbine I know that claiming off certain trainers often produces bad results next start with past good form. Experience has provided angles at Woodbine that produce winners, at Gulfstream I'm flying blind.

Boils down to familiarity pal. Try capping Japanese baseball as someone that knows MLB, its the only analogy I can think of.

They are harder to cap for me because I'm not very knowledgeable about the jockeys/trainers/owners etc at Gulfstream. I know only what I can garner from the form.

At Woodbine I'm familiar with most of these things I described about Gulfstream and can pick up on subtleties such as rider changes, allegiances etc. Also, trainers ship from various northern tracks (NY/Baltimore etc) to Gulfstream which adds to the unknown factor. At Woodbine I know that claiming off certain trainers often produces bad results next start with past good form. Experience has provided angles at Woodbine that produce winners, at Gulfstream I'm flying blind.

Boils down to familiarity pal. Try capping Japanese baseball as someone that knows MLB, its the only analogy I can think of.

Super deluxe explanation

:greencheck:

Tampa Bay Downs
Race 4
#8 (Lincoln Center)
$20 ATB

-$820.00 YTD

CASPY, where you at pal?

Can't believe the 6th race at Gulfstream. Mark Casse horses finish 1-2: EXACTA 25-1 winner with 40-1 2nd.
$2 pays $1386.60

Capture.PNG

Need the #1 or the #6 in the 7th race and I'll have some nice pick 3's going.

Also live in pick 5, but won't get interested in my ticket until the 9th race at least. Nice to get a $55 winner to start though.

CASPY, where you at pal?

Can't believe the 6th race at Gulfstream. Mark Casse horses finish 1-2: EXACTA 25-1 winner with 40-1 2nd.
$2 pays $1386.60

I skipped the 1st at Gulstream. played the 3rd and 5th race. Lost on both. Spent the day assembling a cabinet. had a shitty day lol. Tomorrow I’ll be back locked into handicapping.

I skipped the 1st at Gulstream. played the 3rd and 5th race. Lost on both. Spent the day assembling a cabinet. had a shitty day lol. Tomorrow I’ll be back locked into handicapping.
Played Florida and California today. Had 4 of 6 and 4 of 5 in the pick 6 and pick 5 a couple times today. Was down about $400. Then put $129 into a $0.60 Win-4 and $21 in a Pick 3 starting race 6 at Golden Gate and they both hit. So I ended upa decent winner on the day.

Pick 4 paid $2450 for $0.60

I had 6 of the 10 horses going in the last leg and a couple of them were paying $9500 for $0.60. That would have been nice.

I just noticed I posted the wrong pick 3 payout as it cashed the race before - which was the 8th. So I cashed the pick 3 in the 8th and still had a live ticket in the win-4 that was basically a freeroll cause the pick 3 covered my bets.

fhkf.PNG

gbmmgdf.PNG

Last edited:
Tampa Bay Downs
Race 1
#3 (Steady Earner)
$20 ATB

-$880.00 YTD

Good to see racing again in NY. Horse I owned 3% of running in the 6th today @ Belmont. Shes still got her n1x condition. Shame we sold her.

Yeah I’m watching Belmont right now. Didn’t play the 1st or 2nd race.

English Soul vet scratch in the 6th
I was going to ask which was your horse. I bet the 4th and 5th race today show and won them both at $4.00 and $5.40 respectively. Right now, I’m looking at the 11 in the 6th

I just had the exacta in the 5th. Blind tail Jonathan kintchen. Ill route the 11 with ya.