• Start date
  • Replies 836 Comments
  • Views 38,745 Views
Gulfstream Park
Race 7
#12 (Mecha Corta)
$20 ATB

-$568.00 YTD

Next time wickets way (the fast closing 2 horse) goes at this level id love a piece @ even 1/2 the odds

Next time wickets way (the fast closing 2 horse) goes at this level id love a piece @ even 1/2 the odds

Yeah he came up like gangbusters. I was vascillating between the 6 and the 4. As soon as the 4 had the 6 beat, I knew that horse was going to win.

Gulfstream Park
Race 11
#11 (Celia’s Song)
$20 ATB

-$510.00 YTD

Gulfstream Park
Race 1
#12 (Books)
$20 ATB

-$560.00 YTD

Caspy why do you include show when you bet?

If betting flat why not just Win & Place? Show bets give such puny returns, especially in small fields and/or when the chalk hits the board.

If you are going to bet $60 a race I think $30 WP will provide better returns.

Caspy why do you include show when you bet?

If betting flat why not just Win & Place? Show bets give such puny returns, especially in small fields and/or when the chalk hits the board.

If you are going to bet $60 a race I think $30 WP will provide better returns.

Vegas Dave asked me this as well. I bet higher odds horses and I have opportunities at minus show pool prices.

That said, I was thinking of going just Win and Place. I shall see.

Vegas Dave asked me this as well. I bet higher odds horses and I have opportunities at minus show pool prices.

That said, I was thinking of going just Win and Place. I shall see.
I'm a gimmick player. I love the superfecta, high 5 and win 4 bets but when I do bet flat its usually Win or Place only, maybe $40/$20 if betting both. The place bet is just a way I get some money back if my hoss finishes 2nd. I will bet horses to show but not if I bet win/place. Show bets are reserved for betting against minus pools/bridge jumpers. I never bet show on the fave, the idea is that you can still get paid off if the fave misses the top3.

I’m playing later races. I looked at early Gulfstream and passed.