Breaking News ...AManda Knox found guilty

• Start date
  • Replies 43 Comments
  • Views 3,018 Views
IAG
I like the subtle...when I finally see it it's funnier than hell. You're quick too.

The only broads that tell me I'm quick are not hookers.

For them I take much too long.

eh, news reports says that Italy cannot ask for the US to send her back until after their Supreme Court has ruled on the appeal and that could take a few years.

IAG
I agree with you P....just don't see it happening.

I personally have no issues with you Yanks, but this is one of the many reasons why Americans are so hated around the world.

Do Americans understand at all why the USA gets the shit they do from around the globe?
This is just one example.

Again, its your government, not the US people.
This is the same government the American President claims is looked to for guidance and leadership by the rest of the world.

common.

Aren't Americans ever embarrassed by their leaders?

Exactly what I am talking about. Again, I have no issues with some of you fine Yanks.

MrX
Every day, pal.

In this case, though, if they deny an extradition request it will be because there is language in the treaty excluding cases of double jeopardy. The agreement isn't that we'll hand over anyone you ask for, or vice versa.

wasn't this case just retried on appeal from the Italian crown? If so, this isn't an example of double jeopardy.

wasn't this case just retried on appeal from the Italian crown? If so, this isn't an example of double jeopardy.

From the tiny amount that I've read, I gather that you're right, and this wouldn't amount to double jeopardy.

But, it sounds like an argument that isn't completely unreasonable can be made.

Retrying a case doesn't make it double jeopardy, if the first trial was basically annulled by a higher court. If she were found innocent, not overturned by another court, then charged in another country, or county of Italy for the same charge, that would be double jeopardy. Don't think that's the case here.

Troller, we need more posts from you, sir.

44 posts in 2 years will not cut it.