• Replies 19 Comments
  • Views 1,503 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
http://www.thestar.com/sports/bluej...causes_system_crash_sells_out_in_minutes.html

Many tickets had already been sold to season-ticket holders, buyers of multi-ticket packages and through exclusive presales.

Tickets to the Blue Jays home opener once again sold out in just a few minutes this year, frustrating many fans who hoped to snag tickets to Opening Day.

“Safe to say within a few minutes of 10 a.m., tickets were gone,” said Jays’ senior vice-president Stephen Brooks.

While single-game tickets went on sale to the general public Friday morning, many of the Opening Day tickets had already been sold to season-ticket holders, buyers of multi-ticket packages and through exclusive presales, limiting what was available Friday.

“Really, this year with the popularity of season tickets and the popularity of our flex pack, those were the best ways to get an Opening Day ticket,” Brooks said.

In fact, Opening Day tickets have been selling for weeks at a rich premium on re-sale sites, such as Stubhub.

images

Same thing at the Padres this year. Because they have a home series with the Yankees later in the year they've been offering Yankkes + opening day, or Yankees in a six pack including opening day, meaning opening day is pretty much sold out.

The upside is the people that really want to go know this already and act accordingly, the whining will come from the people whos only game every year is opening day, and quite frankly I don't give a fukk about them.

A lot of hype for the Blue Jays. Haven't seen a team this beloved in the offseason since the.....2012 marlins.

Selling out Opening Day in minutes is non-news but I'm psyched for the Jays and their fans this year. I feel confident they'll fall short of expectations but I'll be rooting for them.

They're my new baseball team.

Dodgers are my NL team. Can't stand Hanley Ramirez but my Andre Ethier/Kershaw/Scully/Kemp love outweighs that.

A lot of hype for the Blue Jays. Haven't seen a team this beloved in the offseason since the.....2012 marlins.

AL East is wide open this year.

There are some decent values in futures at the moment. But the Jays aren't one of them.

Jays play in a week division this year. What are the odds of winning the division? Redsox and Yankees are a mess and Orioles are too unpredictable.

Jays play in a week division this year. What are the odds of winning the division? Redsox and Yankees are a mess and Orioles are too unpredictable.

The Rays are pretty good, and the Yankees definitely have a chance.

Orioles are a bit of a wild card, but could certainly build on last year's success (although I doubt it).

I dont remember the AL East ever being this unpredictable. I think I could make a case for any team winning the division.

"once again sold out in just minutes this year"

Big deal. Sounds like it happens all the time.

I have it heard it said quite a few times that people are overrating and overhyping the Blue Jays this off-season. But I don't hear anyone actually doing that.

Everyone I hear says something along the lines of: their roster is improved and they have a shot on paper but who knows what will happen on the field? Other than the occasional simpleton cheerleader type who is goofy-in-the-head going into every year, no one seems particularly sure of anything.

Maybe the over-reaction is happening with people outside Toronto? :dunno:

I don't hear anyone talking about baseball.

Everyone is too busy talking about Frank Zappa and hockey.

No spare time for baseball.

:pepe:

I have it heard it said quite a few times that people are overrating and overhyping the Blue Jays this off-season. But I don't hear anyone actually doing that.

Everyone I hear says something along the lines of: their roster is improved and they have a shot on paper but who knows what will happen on the field? Other than the occasional simpleton cheerleader type who is goofy-in-the-head going into every year, no one seems particularly sure of anything.

Maybe the over-reaction is happening with people outside Toronto? :dunno:

National media loves Toronto. The hockey kind of muzzles the hype up there i imagine.

There is plenny hockey here but we have multiple all-sports TV and radio stations and there are baseball segments. I was just listening to some on the radio. It started with a comment from Buehrle which was echoing what I said above about hoping for the best but uncertain expectations. Then there was a call in portion. Everyone seemed very tempered and sensible.