Aust Rules Football Rd.5 awthorn V Nth. Melbourne/24/2010 @03:40 est

• Start date
  • Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 1,000 Views
Well guys, we're 1-1 thus far this weekend...Lets see if we can end this on a good note :yes:

The Hawks have had a tough run to begin the 2010 season, losing to the Bulldogs, Geelong and Collingwood in recent weeks, and if ever the sense of urgency was there to begin winning games, then this is it. Returning for this match are Lance Franklin and Brad Sewell, which gives Alastair Clarksons side a significant boost, however Franklin's form has deserted him of late and he will need to step up a gear. He played a briliant game at the corresponding time last year against the Kangaroos and will need to replicate this.
Brent Harvey is starting to show some form for North Melbourne, while Ryan Bastinac is enjoying a flawless debut season so far. But the positives are few and far between down at Arden St.

Leading by example is Brad Sewell, whose hardness and athleticism throughout the midfield will inspire his teammates and the Hawks line-up seems so much more formidable with him in there.
Often criticised for his performance not matching his talent, Daniel Wells showed glimpses last week in the 40-point loss to the Sydney Swans but needs discover that elusive beast called consistency if he is to reach his peak as a footballer.

Who stops Lance Franklin? Nth Melbourne has shown to have trouble this season matching up on key forwards and Buddys traditional North Melbourne opponent Josh Gibson is now a (sidelined) Hawk and North Melbourne needs to find the right match to curtail Franklins speed and strength. Scott Thompson may be the man for the job.
Can North Melbourne exploit the ruck situation? This is one area the Kangaroos are far superior to the Hawks. Hamish McIntosh, Todd Goldstein and if necessary, David Hale will be far too much for Brent Renouf to handle on his own. The Hawks on-ballers will have no choice but to hover around the blue socks at the ruck contests.

In conclusion neither side has done much to give the tipsters any faith but the Hawks get a pardon because of a tough three weeks. They will want this more and the returning Sewell and Franklin also add weight to their argument. Therefore im wagering 2 units on Hawthorn -19.5 (+102) pinnacle....

Once again BOL with ur plays and may the gambling gods smile upon us :propeller:

No worries fischy...Always a welcome addition champ :yes:

Another front page promotion, xpansive - thanks!

For next week I'm hoping to do a "AFL For Idiots" so that anyone following your picks can sweat out their bets until the early morning and actually understand what's happening. Since I don't have much of a clue about Aussie Rules, can I run it past you to make sure that I've not missed anything major? If you're OK with it I'll ask RJ for the email address you signed up here with.

not off to a good start. fuking kangaroos.

not off to a good start. fuking kangaroos.

Soz guys been out doing family stuff....looked in briefly and saw hawks up by 11 only to be over-run in that final quarter :banghead:..Sorry fischy, really believed the hawks needed this much more... The game was theres for the taking midway through that 3rd quarter:banghead: They really do lack heart and confidence atm....2 games on tomorrow for anzac day. Leaning dockers -49.5 and will play it myself but nothing official....1-2 (-2.02 U) for the weekend...Bring on next weekend :bringit:

Another front page promotion, xpansive - thanks!

For next week I'm hoping to do a "AFL For Idiots" so that anyone following your picks can sweat out their bets until the early morning and actually understand what's happening. Since I don't have much of a clue about Aussie Rules, can I run it past you to make sure that I've not missed anything major? If you're OK with it I'll ask RJ for the email address you signed up here with.

Thanks for the promo guys just sorry i couldnt deliver this time. As for your proposal polaroid a review would be appreciatve. Not sure what role i can play but its something im keen on looking further into :thumbup: And yes i have no issue with you requesting that information from RJ. Thanks for keeping me in the loop and hope i can help out to make this site a beter place :thumbup: