Attn VegasDave - Need a scouting report on

• Start date
  • Replies 7 Comments
  • Views 968 Views
Hey PO, just got back. As for Parse...

The knock on him, in both my observation and apparently Coach Terry Murray's assessment as well, is consistency. When he is on, he is a very solid 3rd liner; gritty, aggressive on the forecheck, not afraid to battle in the corners. He also has a decent skillset as well and can chip in offensively. Think a 10-15 goal, 15-25 assist kind of guy with good energy.

Inexplicably, Parse randomly disappears in some games. Sometimes it is just for a shift or two, other times it can be the whole game. Just goes invisible. Not sure if it is effort or concentration or his mood or whatever. It has gotten him demoted to the 4th line and Manchester this season.

Long and short of it, if he can find a way to put it all together with some consistency, he'll be a respectable third liner. At 25 years old though, not sure who will give him the chance.

Thanks Dave.

I need your personal assessment of Wayne Simmonds. Have you seen him play?

Wayne Simmonds is one of my (and many King's fan's) absolute favorite players.

The guy is everything you could ask for in a second/third liner and more. Every single shift he brings a ton of energy, strong physical play, solid both forechecking and backchecking. He's got great speed and decent (and impoving) hands. He's also not afraid to drop the gloves if he has to.

He has had success playing on all four lines this season. His style of play makes him a good fit on any line, but he's at his best in an energy role.

To give you an idea of how popular/good he is; this season was the first year Kings ever gave out bobbleheads, starting with Luc's retirement. The first current King featured? Wayne Simmonds, who will be followed by Smyth and Kopitar.

More importantly, if you read up on what Waddel was asking for from the Kings for Kovalchuk, he wanted some combination of Dustin Brown, Jack Johnson, and/or Wayne Simmonds. The fact that Simmonds isn't in a Thrashers jersey right now says a lot about how valuable he is to the team now and moving forward.

Thanks Dave!!! So I take it you've seen him play live?

No problem! Yeah, I catch 10-20 Kings games a season live, and me and my bro head down to the Toyota Center to catch a practice every now and then, too.