• Replies 8 Comments
  • Views 716 Views

Jello

Not Funny
Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
It debuted this weekend. I wasn't sure what to expect. It's just Gervais and Merchant talking to their idiot friend. They animate the characters and have cartoons running throughout following the bullshit stories coming of their mouths. Hilarious shit though. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I love those two.

I like Ricky Gervais doing stand-up and as a talk show guest and whatnot - but I do not particularly like his shows, The Office and Extras. So I don't know how I would feel about this.

Then again, I don't even get HBO so it is not something I will have to think about for awhile.

I am not a big fan of him as an actor, obviously a talented comedy writer though.
I preferred the US version of The Office to the British one.

I like both versions of the Office. I loved Extras. Thought it was pretty brilliant actually.

I like Ricky Gervais doing stand-up and as a talk show guest and whatnot - but I do not particularly like his shows, The Office and Extras. So I don't know how I would feel about this.

I think his stand up and talk show guesting are cringe worthy (which seem to get worse as the years go by). However I love his TV shows.

I'm guessing these shows are TV versions of their long running podcasts which should translate pretty well to TV. If anyone's a fan of him, check the podcasts out if you haven't already - there are about 6/7 seasons of them and probably close to 100 episodes of a radio show he did in England. It's some of the funniest stuff I've ever heard.

They did say something about podcasts at the beginning. I think that may be what this is. I had to rewind a few parts to hear what had been said while I was laughing.