• Replies 7 Comments
  • Views 750 Views

xstud

Fuck Bad Luck
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
line seems pretty damn low... thinking about making a big play on it... need some help

too low.... can't fault you for taking Syracuse, just don't make it a big wager... remember this is the same team that barely squeaked out a 2 point win vs Depaul. anything can happen

I think the line should be about 7. Not sure why it is as low as it is. Other than the Depaul game Syracuse has been pretty consistent and has looked very good. I don't think they will take this game very lightly especially after Nova lost yesterday. That loss really puts Cuse in the drivers seat of the whole conference. This Syracuse team is very long and quick...they can run with anyone in the country. I am just worried that Cincy will slow it down and make them play a half court game which is not Syracuse's strong suit. I think a small play on Syracuse is the only play....I personally will be laying off completely.

I think you are way over-valuing Syracuse's desire to be in the "driver's seat"...... they don't really get anything from being "there" at this point in the season... and really its not a huge difference to finish 1,2,3, or 4 in the big east regular season right?

cincy on the other hand is very hungry, they are on the verge of being on the outside looking in as far as the Tourney.... they got some raw athletes that can run, and some guys that can pound down low with Cuse's big guys....

Well yes the top 4 seeds to receive a first round bye as far as the tourney is concerned but I think that Syracuse would love to win the regular season Big East title as that all but assures them a number 1 seed in the NCAA tournament which is more or less a first round bye as well.....

Oh and btw....the big east tourney now includes all of the teams so no team is on the outside looking in anymore. They extended it last year.

Well it wasn't easy but it looks like Cuse is going to win and Cover. Basically played the entire game without Wes Johnson because of foul trouble so it was a nice little win for Cuse.

Looks like I was way off on this one....

I got some futures on Cuse for big east champion and for the national championship along with WVU, so I tend to be more pessimistic during the season when the futures are looking good.

I wasn't talking about on the outside looking in for the BE tourney Amby, but for the Big tourney, and how Cincy is in dire need of a "big" win, and in general just Big Eeast wins so they can get to 10 Big East wins

I am a proponent that the regular season winners are prob way more deserving of the automatic bid though.... I don't really want to expand to a bigger tourney like people are talking about, but I think that would be nice part about it... you could reward both the regular season and conf tourney winners. It is fun to root for an underdog to win a conf tourney and get an automatic bid when they wouldn't get an at large... but it does suck that it also means a much more deserving team gets bumped.

I guess my point is, that winning a regular season conference title, in a conference like the Big East especially should be held in higher esteem than getting hot and winning the tourney lilke Pitt did a few years back as a huge underdog.