• Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 1,264 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I'm trying to make a video and for some reason my Windows Media Player is not working. I don't know why. It was working 2 days ago. I click on it and the normal tab comes up in the bar at the bottom, but there is no actual movie player. No window. Same with if I click on my test movie. I just get that tab but the movie doesn't play.

Does it make sense to uninstall it and install it again? I could probably figure out how to do that.

Is there something I should be using that is better than Windows Media Player that I could install for free?

I'm trying to make a video and for some reason my Windows Media Player is not working. I don't know why. It was working 2 days ago. I click on it and the normal tab comes up in the bar at the bottom, but there is no actual movie player. No window. Same with if I click on my test movie. I just get that tab but the movie doesn't play.

Does it make sense to uninstall it and install it again? I could probably figure out how to do that.

Is there something I should be using that is better than Windows Media Player that I could install for free?

Try to make sure you update to the newest WMP that could correct your problem. Otherwise another player I use frequently is DIVX player. www.divx.com

id uninstall and reinstall after trying to update to wm11 I believe

I got it updated and it is working fine. Unfortunately it doesn't magically make the contents of the video better but at least it is playing it.