• Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 266 Views

MrMonkey

World's #1 Troll
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Probably this pointed in mostly @Tron direction but looks like a very competitive tight leader board headed into today. Have 25 players within. 6 shots of the lead (5 of top 9 USA) and seeing Scotty S going from leading at -6 to -1 in a matter of minutes and Morikawa leading at start of 3rd round shooting 77 says probably lots of movement possible.

Lots of past big named major champs within reach of title but thinking lately consistent inexperienced players like leaders Zalatoris or Fitazpatrick will win it. Fitz won the US amateur at this same course in 2013 and Zalatoris loves putting at on fast greens and it's showing. Neither has won a major or in Zal's case a tournament but neither folded on Sat like dId some big names did.

Looking like a 3 man race with Scotty S, Fitz, and Zalatoris with about 9 holes to play. For not being say the longest of US Opens venues sure is easy to get into trouble.

Looking like a 3 man race with Scotty S, Fitz, and Zalatoris with about 9 holes to play. For not being say the longest of US Opens venues sure is easy to get into trouble.
Matsuyama in at -3 so unless top 3 all implode one will be the winner.

Was a fun final round. Expected Rahm and Rory to make a run but neither could get it going.

I was definitely rooting for Willy Zalatoris @MrMonkey, but Fitzy played amazing. I love the US Open (it’s my 2nd favorite major) because anyone (literally anyone) can take a crack at it through local then sectional qualifiers.