Would you cut off your dominant hand for 1 million dollars?

• Start date
  • Replies 85 Comments
  • Views 6,539 Views
Absolutely not.

100 million, we'll talk.

That's what I have always said. I think it was about a 50/50 split in the SP thread.

No.

$1,000,000 wouldn't last long for all the girls I would have to pay to give me HJ's to compensate for the loss of my dominant hand.

haha Casper....that's the best reasoning I have ever seen actually in the discussion of this topic.

Absolutely not.

100 million, we'll talk.

Same. if i can live another 10-12 years or so and this thing will make me way more than that. plus i would still have a hand. gotta be at least 100 mil for me.

id probably give a million just to know i could live to be 100, still get a hard dick and beat off with either hand....:yes:

I would. I am facing the prospect of going back into the workforce - in some crappy job which I will hate - and I will basically have to do that for the rest of my life. Financially, there is no reason to expect anything but a constant struggle, barely getting by. The whole thing gives me a feeling of despair.

If I had a million dollars, I could easily manage things so I would never have to spend those vast chunks of my life doing shit I hate, and I could be comfortable and financially stress-free.

There are so many things I enjoy in life that have nothing to do with manual dexterity. And I have no doubt my left hand would become just as proficient as my right is now if I worked at it.

It would be a huge sacrifice but I would make it.

Muddy's in.. Now all we have to do is find some site for deviant/disturbed billionaires and post "Would you pay 1 million dollars to see a man cut off his dominant hand?"

1 million given to me today prolly wouldn't last more than 2 years. I am an idiot.

yeah thats also a good point. no chance i would do anything smart with a 1 mil lump sum.

Up it to 5 and let's talk about before or after taxes.

one million is nothing these days.

and no money will be enough for me to cut off my hand.

for 100 millions, i might consider giving the pinky.

Without hesitation. Where do I sign (or leave my mark since my signature with my non dominant hand is a mangled mess).

Well, If I really had to think about it...The average person earns $1 million in a lifetime, so basically that means I can live an average lifestyle without working for the rest of my life. So, I'd have to say no. Reasoning is as follows, I would rather work, fully limbed, and lead the comfortable style we do, rather than average.

Now lets get more specific, the average person, pending their major, graduates collage by 24, retires around 64, and lets say for sake argument the average lifespan is 84, that means you would have roughly $16,600 PER MONTH to live off of, which alowes for a pretty decent lifstyle, but you're still no millionaire...not to metion how you may be viewed differently, so and so forth. This outcome is about double MY income, which would be lovely, but still, not worth IMO.

Then you have to take into account, if you're ambidextrous, (which I have a tendency to be), it doesn't really matter.

On the other hand, what if you aren't financially responsible? What if you get that one million bux, and decide to buy a house, a car, furniture, whatever, then you won''t have much left.

Then again, what about setting up savings, college funds for your kids, retirement funds, ect. Is this really enough?

IMO, you'd have to start the bidding price at, at least 3 million. So, no offense IAG, I heart you lots, but I think a better question is, would you do it for 3 milll?l

Nah. I wouldn't be able to play guitar again. Very surprised by Muddy's answer.

I see what you are all getting at. I have earned 1 million dollars in my life, and burned thru it. 1 million is not much, but still not "nothing." I guess it depends on your age. They say you should have 2 million in the bank to be able to retire these days.

I don't know...I think if I were apt to do it would be independent of the exact amount. I never understand the people who play the Lotto when it gets to x amount because what? 25 million is not enough? If I would cut it off for 3, I would probably cut if off for 1. As of now I'm not doing it for either of those amounts. I think as you get older though, depending on your financial security, or lack thereof, answers may change.

Yeah but like I said, one gets you an avergage life, 3 could mean a college fund for your kids, it could mean good care for yourself and your parents in old age. It could mean leaving something behind for your grandkids...maybe I think differently then everyone else, sure I'd buy some things for me, but I personally would be more concerned with the future. Also, I don't mean just one or other of these things, 3 mill, even with a little spending spree, could mean ALL of this for your family...now that's worth it if you ask me.

Then there are the questions of, can I get a prosthetic hand, can I get my bio hand sowed back on, or do I have to be limbless forever?

It also doesn't seem like a big to us, but what would we really lose? I am certain it would be really super annoying. But I don't know that just a hand would create that much of a difference in my life....

Regardless, it would have to be at least 3 mill or better so that not only could I live the life I wanted, but so that I could build a future for my family, for generations. I'd likely even want to contribute to cancer research and things like that...