• Replies 27 Comments
  • Views 2,532 Views

FairWarning

Boring Poster
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
I see on my laptop with Windows 8, an icon to upgrade to 10. Anyone upgrade yet or are you waiting for the bugs to be worked out? If you uppgraded, what nerw features do you like/hate in relastionship to 8?

my POS new laptop died today..I will be going to geek squad tomorrow, I'll ask them.

What happened to Windows 9?

Reported stolen

young-man-breaking-house-stealing-laptop-close-up-wearing-black-hooded-jacket-40891117.jpg

The Windows 8 has that foked up screen with all the boxes/icons. If I move my arrow(?)too fast it takes me away from whatever I'm doing and takes me to that worthless screen. What's up with that? Are they all gonna have this annoying 2nd screen now?

I got the free upgrade pop up thing on my Win7 laptop. Not sure I want to upgrade, 7 is fine.

no reno they gonna have those boxes compacted on the start menu

ok so the blue box page is there but it doesn't take up the whole screen. There's blue behind but guessing that just happens to be desktop color. thats probably ok

I agree with Reno. Windows 8 sucks. I always end up on the app screen also. I would suffer thru it if I could have my laptop work. Typing on ipad sucks.

what happened to your laptop?
. Good question. Froze and I turned it off. Then stuck on. "toshiba leading innovation" screen....wouldn't boot up...had to restore to factory settings. Then it started making funny noises and I got a pop up saying hard disc problem and I should back up and then consult with manufacturer. I have only had a few months. I Didn't get there yesterday, but will take to the Geeks on Monday. Do u think they will just replace it, or will I have to wait for them to fix whatever it is? The dumb thing has always been slow and had all sorts of virus type things despite security, malware bytes etc