• Replies 47 Comments
  • Views 4,214 Views

Oksana

zig a zig ah
Since
Jun 16, 2010
Score
Tokens
Just read on FB that a friend's mother found out after 30+ years her husband insisted on my friend's name because it was the girl who got away in high school. Mother is threatening to leave him now :lmao:

Got me thinking... most of us know each other's real names here. Even if we don't, I still want to hear why/who you were named after.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

i was supposedly turned at an odd angle and my gender was unknown until i was spit out...rosemary (after some aunts names combined) or raymond (after some relative on my dads side) were the choices... father and older relatives are the only ones who still call me raymond...everyone else calls me ray or rayray :dunno:

Big wave of Mathieu's in QC from the late 70's to the late 80's.

graphique-prenom-MATHIEU-16636.gif

I set a trend.

I'm hip.

You telling me you were named after the chick?

Common Jean-Charles.

Stephen, parents weren't sure if I'd be male or female, thus would've been Stephanie if female. I still like to be called Stephanie from time to time. :boo: (love this smiley)

Nah, more like I outed myself facepalm, Matty.

Stevie is no more - from this day on I'm calling you Stephanie.

Rog, I am lost.

Mine is Alissa. When my mother was growing up her neighbors had a baby, and it's name was Alissa, she found it pretty and so, that is my name, never thought to ask her about my middle name though. It's very common though so I don't really care and no one ever uses it unless I am in trouble or did something REALLY stupid.

P.S. I gave Steven a new middle name. and yup I do not use his correct spelling, only time I ever have was when I was mad at him. lol

My real name is the same as my name on here, I was just too lazy to think up anything for gamelive or sbr and my last sbr name was just letters and numbers, very dull but Rogie somehow remembered me. I dont know where my name came from , I doubt my mother or father were thinking of saint gregory the great.

Asians have the coolest names, I am thinking about changing gregm to "cha-ching" for asianbookie forum, the sound of a cash register.LOL

Sue Yoo. Perfect lawyer name

tumblr_kv2poevpp51qzv9mho1_500.jpg

funny-names-0.jpg

funny-names-19.jpg

I guess I have to thank my Mom for my name, My old man wanted to call me Diogenes (after Diogenes of Sinope) Alexander (after Alexander the Great) Xenophanes (after Xenophanes of Colophon) but fortunately enough, back then it wasn't allowed have 3 names on records, plus my mother didn't actually like it, so to meet my father half way she just decided to name me Dax instead...

Gregm is easily among my top 10 favourite posters on forums. Each post is brilliant.

I guess I have to thank my Mom for my name, My old man wanted to call me Diogenes (after Diogenes of Sinope) Alexander (after Alexander the Great) Xenophanes (after Xenophanes of Colophon) but fortunately enough, back then it wasn't allowed have 3 names on records, plus my mother didn't actually like it, so to meet my father half way she just decided to name me Dax instead...

Dax, did the other porto rikan kids ever bully you in school for that name?

since i failed to include my name in the previous post, chalk up another steven (go by steve) to the forum.

shari, why you no have access to be friends on facespace?