• Views 3,765 Views

Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
What happened to the Gambling Fools?

After this weekend, I think "fools" is more appropriate for the majority of us here.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I like it, my first thought upon seeing it was that line from Goodfellas. "You know...they're good fellas"

What I'm not entirely fond of is the narrowing of the pages. I've got a widescreen monitor and GL used to use all of my screen real estate. Now it's just a strip down the middle, like S-faggot-R.

Fools is a better discription.
Fellas makes me feel a little bit gay.
Not much but a little, so is it better to be thought of as a fool, or some gay dude?

Most gay dudes I know would rather consider me a fool than to be a part of their group.

Maybe they'll think different of you though, Rager.

As long as we are agreed that TV spokesperson Valerie Bertinelli is the bee's knees, I am okay with whatever anyone wants to call us.

I am not a fan of "Gambling Fellas" either.

Fools sums us up quite well.

Good luck with the GLPOTD but the fool/fella leaves at 1PM. One of you fools/fellas get ahold of Tully?

One thing that just occured to me is that while Fools is gender-neutral, Fellas isn't. It seems a disservice to our amazing female posters to select a term which suggests we're all men/boys.

fellas is old school and therefore correct.

I remember when I first heard the word fool used in a friendly way. I was on a bus and these two maybe 10 year olds were talking. One was constantly calling the other fool. I thought they were about to fight.

But anyway, the page setup is not good with all the screens (mine) being short and wide.

Good luck with the GLPOTD but the fool/fella leaves at 1PM. One of you fools/fellas get ahold of Tully?

As the designated picker we are honour-bound to go with one of the plays that you posted.

If we have to go with fellas, can we have fellows in it's place?

Something about that word puts a smile on my face everytime.

"Hey! Who's that interesting fellow?" :lmao:

I second the use of the words "Fellow", it reminds me of the Odd Fellows (IOOF).

It sounds like something pags would say.

Thanks for the support, fellows.

Anything that evokes thoughts of pags is automatically awesome.

lets nominate what we want to call, i personally wanted Shantyism but Baggio shot me down :fro:

the width thing is kind of an ugly necessity

As the designated picker we are honour-bound to go with one of the plays that you posted.

I at least gave you fellas/fellows the heads up! A couple more losses and I won't be on the list anyway! I would love to know the person who is Shanty? :clap: