• Replies 23 Comments
  • Views 1,273 Views

Cami

Queen Bee
Since
Dec 27, 2011
Score
Tokens
Say you have a variety of beer, from lights, to IPAs, porters, stouts, chocolates, Guinness etc.

What order would you drink them in? Would start with the lightest and work your up to the darkest/heaviest, or the other way around?

Definitely from light to dark and/or from least hoppy to most.

Something like lager > ale > stout > super-hoppy IPA

You might want to swap the stout and IPA depending on how thick and syrupy your stout is. The really strong coffee/chocolate flavors are going to stay in your mouth for 24+ hours.

When I drink flights, I tend to go from higher alcohol content to lighter.

The color isn't anything I take into account.

I wasn't considering the alcohol content as much as the flavor. Matty gets it.

I wasn't considering the alcohol content as much as the flavor. Matty gets it.

Cami, so was I.

The color of the beer is not necessarily what reflects what the beer tastes like.

I drink by ABV because I noticecthe higher ABV, the more complex the flavor is.

I get it lol.

Hell, it was my job for 17 years to get it.

The point is, something like a smokey stout is going to murderize your taste buds, don't drink it first if you're planning on trying more subtle brews later.

Best to session with only one type of beer.

Same with scotch, you don't start with Islay peat if you're planning to sip a fruity Speyside later on.

This
guniess_large.jpg

in what order

her mouth
Beer_bong_1.jpg

the front

beer-bong-girls-023-04282013.jpg

3. Her shoe

shoe.jpg

4. Her Belly button
3b95042c4e6d1f54aa1c518c35ea756b.jpg

5. Backside

55982.jpg

6. A budweiser out of a mug

I know Casp. I thinking more along the lines that Matty is.

I go light to dark because I like to get that buzz going and then cruise and enjoy the taste. Many times the alternative method is all at once pass out wake up try to figure out what is going on.

I'm all over the board but would agree with Matty. I would always drink the chocolate last. That's more a dessert beer.

I consider nut brown ales as light also. I don't care for guiness, so I'll defer there. I'm a hophead, so it's always a IPA/APA followed by a DIPA if I go that direction. A porter/stout is a nice way to end the night.

Three pints will more than do the trick on the night.

A good coffee stout will give you a great buzz and the caffeine. Barrel-aged anything is last also. I wouldn't drink both chocolate and barrel-aged.

Oooh, I LOVE a good java porter. :yum:

The point is, something like a smokey stout is going to murderize your taste buds, don't drink it first if you're planning on trying more subtle brews later.

Best to session with only one type of beer.

The reason why I go to the subtle beers last is because I find drinking them first leaves me more bloated (believe it or not) and I don't spend the time to enjoy the smokey or more complex ones as much.

That's just me.

The reason why I go to the subtle beers last is because I find drinking them first leaves me more bloated (believe it or not) and I don't spend the time to enjoy the smokey or more complex ones as much.

That's just me.

I do that on occasion also, chill with a porter to close out the night.

I have absolutely nothing to contribute here...Hopefully my lack of beer savvy is countered by my keen investigative skills ala Casper thread.

Whatever you decide, have one of them for me.