• Start date
  • Replies 17 Comments
  • Views 785 Views

Boner_18

Since
Oct 5, 2010
Score
Tokens
Riding into work listening to 101.9 FM (Boomer & Gio around 810am) in NYC and they're killing Vegas Dave. Same Vegas Dave?

Boner, looking forward to your Derby picks. I’ll be putting a write up here come race day

Right. KY Derby. I've actually crushed some NYRABets promo bets - bet 50 to win on one horse in 5 preps and get 20 per win or lose. Hit Maximum Security and Omaha Beach. Prob biggest bankroll i've had this close to Derby, 700 about. Will prob piddle it away before...

Actually Beatrice picked Max Security by pointing to the number on my ADW app. She's a natural degen.

Right. KY Derby. I've actually crushed some NYRABets promo bets - bet 50 to win on one horse in 5 preps and get 20 per win or lose. Hit Maximum Security and Omaha Beach. Prob biggest bankroll i've had this close to Derby, 700 about. Will prob piddle it away before...

Actually Beatrice picked Max Security by pointing to the number on my ADW app. She's a natural degen.

Boner, I’ve used NYRA, TVG, Twinspires and I’m not sure if rebates mean anything to you but bataviabets.com and betamerica.com give SO much more money back than NYRA. bataviabets gives 2% on bets after $2000 bet a month and cap at 2.75% after $80,000. Bet America goes on a point system that varies on the tracks you play. I notice about a 2.5% rebate regardless on monthly bet totals.

The Vegas Dave on the Showtime show is a criminal and fraud. He blocked me on Twitter years ago.

Thx caspy. I dont play for rebates, prob bet $2000-3000 total between Feb and early June then it trails off until Oct when I bet another 1000 or so. So my volume is low. Maybe I'll check them out for a signup bonus?

I do usually play all the promos at nyrabets, twinspires, xpressbet. Bet 50 get 20, bet 10 or 20 get it back if your pick run 2 or 3, etc.

Trying to bet wins and exactas only this year. Once I get into tris supers and verticals I get in trouble with hundred dollar tickets.

I have a buddy who is a pretty good capper (hes on route to Keenland now) and occasionally we'll put in a p6 and split it 4 way with some guys I know who like to blindly buy in. Twin spires has a pretty sweet feature that allows you to sell "shares" like this.

I bet exacta boxes and ATB strictly. If I start playing trifectas, I know I’m asking for trouble.

Mmmhmmm. I try to avoid ATB too, but the allure of getting "something" is just too strong for a rec player like me.

Another thing I said I would stop doing that I'm actually pretty good at is not betting races with fields of 6 or less. That's a lot of races these days.

Mmmhmmm. I try to avoid ATB too, but the allure of getting "something" is just too strong for a rec player like me.

Another thing I said I would stop doing that I'm actually pretty good at is not betting races with fields of 6 or less. That's a lot of races these days.

Exactly!! I have a 10 commandment rule when I bet, and that’s one of them.

I also won’t bet a race w a horse that has a 3/5 shot or lower in it.

A race with 7+ and a 3/5 or better I often blindly bet an exacta wheel or partial with the fave in the 2.

this is why I exacta box w 4 horses, I look for 3 value horses and the favorite usually.

Got me all jazzed up here. Really slow at work today... it's either catch a movie or hop the A train to Aqueduct...

Got me all jazzed up here. Really slow at work today... it's either catch a movie or hop the A train to Aqueduct...

I’ve been betting the Big A every card this meet. A lot of 5 horse fields. Haven’t found a track bias yet.

Of the 3 NYRA tracks, the Big A is the most ghetto IMO. I’ll miss Saratoga this year.