The F0cker 500

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
Well 2012 went out on a winning final day even with LSU giving all the SEC haters something to cheer about. Today being the first day of a new year I thought I would ATTEMPT to make one thread to track all my plays for the coming year. It might help but it also has a very high potential to be a thread that quickly gets lost or simply tucked away deep in the depths of GameLive.

REMEMBER, I am a lifetime 50%'er so with yesterday being a 6-1-1 day there is a high likelihood that today won't go so well. That ofcourse if you go strictly by the numbers. If however you are optimistic like MrMonkey then today could very well be a follow up winning day.

NCAA BASKETBALL:

UConn +6.5 (program play but it looks fishy)

NCAA FOOTBALL:

Mississippi St +1
South Carolina -4.5
Georgia -8 (not loving this play)
Stanford -5

NBA:

Philadelphia +9
Philly/Lakers UNDER 202.5
(hoping late night partying helps keep scoring down.

:winna:

I really REALLY wanted to play FSU with all the smack talking being done by Northern Illinois quarterback but it's just a lot of points to cover in a game that one team has little motivation and the other team wants desperately to prove something that ultimately means nothing.

You have such a glass-half-empty attitude sometime.

Remember:

You are the author of the Wally 500. I believe that is the best and most successful capping thread in the history of gamelive. You are not a 50%er. You are the #1 guy here.

I don't even know what you mean about this being tucked away. The only way that happens is if you tuck it. If you keep posting picks it will keep getting bumped. Some people will be interested. This place is not as bad for sports discussion as you make it out to be. Believe me, I have topics I would like to gab about that generate a lot less discussion than sports do for you.

Do not be a wet blanket on your own thread sir! Make the magic happen sir!

Why do you like SC Wal? They seem to be a very average team without Lattimore.

Good luck on the plays in 2013.

Muddy, the "tucked away" thing was only meaning I would get bored with it and stop posting in the thread, nothing negative to GameLive.

The truth is today's card is what it is but it doesn't have "that feel" about it. I did what I do as far as the plays that are posted but some days they have a certain confident feel about them and some day's they have a not so good feel about them. I am trying to not change what I do till it doesn't work any longer though.

If you guys were a little more clairvoyant I could say what I say and you would know what I mean. :reallymad:

Muddy, Happy New Year and may this year see you "get the call" finish the project and get you MudStick wet.

Why do you like SC Wal? They seem to be a very average team without Lattimore.

Good luck on the plays in 2013.

FW, both the South Carolina and Georgia plays were not only program plays but they were intended to piss you off since I know you like to see the SEC fail at every possible opportunity.

FW, actually I am concerned about that play BUT they do have a tremendous defense and even though Lattimore is their ultimate weapon there are other play makers capable on this team. Add in the fact that Spurrier likes to not give a fok and go for the gusto they still have a shot if they contain Denard.

Brock Landers is on South Carolina ML huge.

He was also on LSU ML huge.

And Packers ML huge.

But good luck today Wally.

FW, both the South Carolina and Georgia plays were not only program plays but they were intended to piss you off since I know you like to see the SEC fail at every possible opportunity.

FW, actually I am concerned about that play BUT they do have a tremendous defense and even though Lattimore is their ultimate weapon there are other play makers capable on this team. Add in the fact that Spurrier likes to not give a fok and go for the gusto they still have a shot if they contain Denard.

Haha. The two B10 teams i think can cover (and win) are Mich and NW. The rest of them, no.

I think the weather helps Nebraska to cover or win today.

If Georgia feels like playing, they will spank Nebraska.

And that's a big if

Seems like when a team misses a shot at a title game they have a rough time getting up for their less meaningful bowl game

Oh sorry Wally, since this is your yearly thread and all would you rather we not post plays in it until you decide if you want to let it get tucked away? It might get cluttered.

It all depends on what the teams did the last 5 weeks. You can't cap bowl games with stats from regular season. Which team had the best practices and how many the last 5 weeks? Look at USC yesterday. Players didn't want to be there and play and a coach that was expressionless and didn't care about the game other than getting a paycheck. Georgia is in a letdown spot and Nebraska is the only team of the two that has any motivation to play in this game.

I bet Wally didn't like that late Pinny move on NW

It's steaming pretty good now too

You know he saw it

Big on NorthWestern as well.

good luck Wally