Spread Betting - Crack cocaine of sports betting.

• Start date
  • Replies 16 Comments
  • Views 2,335 Views
istockphoto_5923673-cool-girl-eating-popcorn.jpg

What is spread betting plommer? Action points?

How to Spread Bet

Welcome to the Sports Alive "How to Spread Bet" section where we hope to give 1st time Spread Punters a quick tutorial in the workings of Spread (Index) Betting.

Firtsly, some quick tips and terminology:

1. Spread - this is the quote Sports Alive offers you the customer. You choose whether this is too high or too low and then you bet accordingly.

2. Buying - if you thought the spread was too low then you will "Buy" per point or run for a stake.

3. Selling - Buying - if you thought the spread was too high then you would "Sell" per point or run for a stake.

4. Stop Win/Loss - this is the maximum number of units you can win or lose on a given market (eg you bet $10 a point and stop loss is 20 - the max you can win or lose is $200). Note - approx 80% of spread bets fall within 20% of the initial spread.

5. Lock amount - this is the artificial stake taken at the time of bet placement which is equivalent to 20% of your maximum stop win/loss.

6. Close out - if the spread moves for or against your initial position you can trade out to lock in a win or limit a potential loss. This is very popular for live in running markets.

7. Make up - is the difference between the buy or sell trade and the final result of the market. This make up is multiplied by the stake to calculate the win or loss on the market.

Process of a spread bet:

a) Spread Created by Sports Alive (eg: 10-20, Stop Loss 50)

b) Customer buys (goes high) for $1 a point at 20

c) Sports Alive locks $10 away to secure bet

d) Market completed and settled by Sports Alive.

Scenario 1 - End result is 25. The make up is +5 so the customer wins $5.

Scenarion 2 - End result is 18. The make up is -2 so the customer loses $2.

Well, thats a brief overview of Spread Betting. Click on one of the sports to the menu on the left and we will introduce you to some of the most popular markets. Play along, go higher (buy) or lower (sell) than our predictions and see what you could have won or lost on each of the markets.

I like spreads, whether they be butter, cheese, an assortment of food, sports, or legs.

The old Sports Acumen. About a year ago they changed brand and refaced the site.

Garlic spread on a nice fresh french loaf works well too. I"ll have to read you post plommer when I'm sober.... right now it's just like bread trying to talk...... makes no sense to me.

plommre your Etobikocke ass should stick to proline motherfucker.

The old Sports Acumen. About a year ago they changed brand and refaced the site.

Rogue you play with them?

I prefer Australian books.

My main book is Centrebet, trust them far more than Pinnacle.

plommre your Etobikocke ass should stick to proline motherfucker.
Fiver, I am not a fan of the 40-60 cent lines pro-line offers.

Rogue you play with them?

I prefer Australian books.

My main book is Centrebet, trust them far more than Pinnacle.

No I don't. You know they are the only ones in Australia licensed to offer this type of spread/index bets.

No I don't. You know they are the only ones in Australia licensed to offer this type of spread/index bets.

I did not know that, I love the Aussie stuff! If I wasn't already Canadian I'd be Australian.

looks like fun, ill lhave to try it at some point

I might try this, this week.... I just have to find my driver's license to register apparently...... shit

I'm assuming they do, as I went through the registration process..... the united states was an option for "country" in the address line