• Replies 17 Comments
  • Views 1,317 Views

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
Got a Bluetooth speaker for Christmas and love it. Haven't had it on in a few days, but it was plugged in.

I just went to turn it on and nothing...can't get it to turn on, or do anything. I'm dumbfounded.

WTF could have happened?

I know speakers can "blow?" or something...not sure how that all works, but I need my music. Not sure what I can do if anything... Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ok. nm...on close inspection I found a "reset" button like on a modem....appears to be charging now.

Never mind me.

IAG what's going on with your Vitamin D ?
Oh I just say I think I'm low on vitamin D because the 605 is pretty dismal in the winter, and lack of sunlight can do a number on my mood/state of mind.

I take meds for Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.,) but have started Vitamin D supplements recently as well to see if that helps. I've recently started thinking I'm not sure if it's good for me to live here...at least in the winter. There is much more winter sunshine in Denver.

Blizzard here tomorrow. Weeeeee.

JL was prescribed some vitamin D drops.

IAG
Oh I just say I think I'm low on vitamin D because the 605 is pretty dismal in the winter, and lack of sunlight can do a number on my mood/state of mind.

I take meds for Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.,) but have started Vitamin D supplements recently as well to see if that helps. I've recently started thinking I'm not sure if it's good for me to live here...at least in the winter. There is much more winter sunshine in Denver.

Blizzard here tomorrow. Weeeeee.

Why not use a tanning bed or (even better) move somewhere warm?

No Evidence of Seasonal Differences in Depressive Symptoms

A large-scale survey of U.S. adults provides no evidence that levels of depressive symptoms vary from season to season, according to new research published in Clinical Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science. The findings are inconsistent with the notion of seasonal depression as a commonly occurring disorder.

But more recent studies have challenged the validity of earlier SAD research, including the fact that SAD is typically identified by asking patients to recall past depressive episodes over the course of the previous year or more. Furthermore, the criteria used to identify SAD do not align with the established criteria for major depression.

Taken together, the findings suggest that seasonal depression is not the prevalent disorder that its commonly thought to be:

http://www.psychologicalscience.org...sonal-differences-in-depressive-symptoms.html

JL was prescribed some vitamin D drops.
For what? Bone health?

Why not use a tanning bed or (even better) move somewhere warm?
I have been tannng, but mostly in preparation for an upcoming trip to Cabo. I love where I live...safe, great, job opportunities, good people. It wouldn't be out of the question, but most of my friends are in the Minneapolis or Denver area.

It's not like I'm riddled with doom and gloom every day. It's probably more situational in nature (lost my mom to Alzheimers in August, and have had some other issues in my personal life.) Honestly most of it I think is tied to pms which never used to affect me, but my depressive episodes seem to be tied to that time of the month, which I guess is normal for most women, but never correlated for me until recent years Some days I feel fine...but regardless of what any study says, or what time of the month it is, I definitely feel MUCH better when the sun is shining.

MrX
No Evidence of Seasonal Differences in Depressive Symptoms I read this late last night, so can't be sure of the specifics right now, but it seems like they determined that lack of sunlight does not cause depression....but was it determined that sunlight cannot be an effective treatment for those who have already established situational/clinical depression? I have to think that almost anyone has more energy, is happier etc, when the sun is shining.

Boy, this sure took a turn from the original speaker question. Btw, speaker working great...Blaring music and dancing around the house also makes me happy. Too bad we're in the middle of a blizzard. However, one week from today I'll be waking up and looking out over the ocean...and I will be happy.. At least for 9 days.

http://www.psychologicalscience.org...sonal-differences-in-depressive-symptoms.html

When is your Cabo trip iag?

I leave Monday realllllllllllllly early (awesome after Super Bowl night) I think I have to be at the airport at like 4:30 a.m. I would ordinarily say not soon enough, but I have so much to do before then. At least I am now flying out of the 605. Original plan was to fly out of Denver. I'll get to Cabo before the rest, but have 2 extra days there which is nice. Don't really like the idea of flying in alone, but it is what it is.

Still haven't figured out what to do about the paragliding camera deal either. I've got a lot of money going out in home improvements (paint, carpet, etc) so not sure I should invest in one (even $100) if I'm not sure I will use in future.....but it would be fun to get on film. Rest assured I'll be many all inclusive drinks in before I do it.

Just figure out a way to film with your phone.

Phones take really good video. Why waste the money?

Last edited:
I'll buy it off you after you're done with it. $10 off retail, assuming it comes out unscathed.

I'll go $5 off retail and you only have to pay US shipping not to stupid Canada.

Canada is not stupid.

1302124088030_ORIGINAL.jpg

Fuck you bacon.

MrX
Just figure out a way to film with your phone.

Phones take really good video. Why waste the money?

I guess I was scared I would drop it in the ocean. I dk.

Maybe one of your siblings will take one?
Highly unlikely

I'll buy it off you after you're done with it. $10 off retail, assuming it comes out unscathed.
I'll consider it if I buy one.. I guess I would need to buy it tomorrow probably to get in time.

I'll go $5 off retail and you only have to pay US shipping not to stupid Canada.
Hmmm. Seems like I shipped a Pinkman to Canada..can't remember how much it was.

Perhaps my mood was caused by lack of catharsis. I have never been one to hold things in. In a semi-sedated state, I got a lot off my mind last night and it felt pretty darn good. I don't know how you guys (males) do it-holding things in and keeping sane.

Maybe I can enjoy my vacation now. Weeeeeeeeeee. Happy Wednesday Gamelive.