• Replies 13 Comments
  • Views 718 Views

tullamore

angry and drunk
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I just reffed my first game ever, and I was fucking terrible. Shit is a lot harder than I expected. Totally different perspective from coaching or playing hockey. I also probably should have done a lower level game, to get my sea legs under me.

Funny thing is I coached a game 2 hours before I had to ref a game, and I got penalized for bitching at the ref. In the game I reffed one of the teams coach's was ready to kill me.

I hope no one had money on that game.

I almost feel bad for all the refs I have cursed out over the years, but what if you call a cheapass foul when I have the under, I am going to curse your fucking name.

Time to get drunk and not bitch

Hah, that's interesting. I tend to think that I could do twice the job than most of the yahoo refs we have to deal with, but it has occurred to me that I might be kidding myself.

Very cool Tulls I look forward to the stories that will come out of this. Father living vicariously through son's sports performance comes at Tully and......

:popcorn:

The coach I got into it with, I casual know, he is a friend of friend, played in the AHL, just got a texted from my friend, that the coach was bitching to him about me. I should have tossed him, fuck him.

if This keeps up I sure some coach will challenge me to a fight, and I never back down.

I am semi-agreed about the challenges of officiating. I remember umpiring baseball and making some mind-bogglingly bad calls. I did first base in a game that was later on TV and I called a guy out when the first baseman was hilariously distant from the bag. I must have thought his legs were 3 yards long for him to be stretching that far. It was an impossibly bad call - but far from the only call I blew.

And then the coaches of the team my call favored start getting all carried away telling me how great my call was. That's when you know you have really screwed up. When they conspicuously kiss your ass and praise you.

But I had no business umpiring. I think I could probably be pretty good with training and practice but they basically just called me out of the stands while I was waiting to play in the next game.

I always butt heads with the referees. It helps that outweigh and out-muscle them by 75 pounds.

Ok St player pushed a fan during a game and the refs didn't eject the player (Marcus Smart).

He needed to be ejected

Shitty refs

I manged to piss off all but 1 coach so far in our * and under BBall league 5 games into season:pope:
cant help it thye take offense to getting outcoached and acutally being a coach that can use rules of game to my advantage to bring home Ws...

latest was we up 2 pts with :09 left in game, I call TO to advance ball 1/2 court
send PG back beyond 1/2 court to recieve pass cause we cant defend past 1/2 court line in age group.
have my boy throw to PG in back court and hold ball until clock runs out :guitar: ... 10sec rule to advance past 1/2 court we had :09 left :lol:

other coach went ape shit screaming : foul em foul em , tells ref thats a crock shit and unsportsmanlike :chickendance:
laughed
we call that clock management , reading rules a few times figuring ways to use to advantage since rules vary some with lil kids

I was a hockey ref from the age of about 7 to 18yrs old. Back then, it was tax free cash. Not the easiest way to make a buck and you learn a lot about controlling your temper, that's for sure. I once got suspended for tackling a 12-13yr old kid and throwing him to the ice after he butt ended the other kid in the throat after a faceoff. I was so angry that the kid did this right in front of me, I almost beat the shit out of him right then and there.

Also, Hell hath no fury like a Pee-Wee hockey mom.

When i got older, I got to ref a bunch of men's league hockey and that finally turned me off. Too many dudes trying to kill each other for absolutely no reason. They like to threaten refs as well. There are easier ways to make $25/hr than worry about some guy chucking a beer bottle at your head from the stands...lol

:lol: nice and interesting post mr.q

I'd a foking thrown him to the ice. You should've been commended.

The amount of violence I used to see out of people really turned me off of being a part of the game Reno. Incredible to think that adults would threaten a young teenager with violence or shit like "you better watch yourself when you get off that ice, ref".

When I was in college I played in a mens league, I was a failed athlete, I had no illusion of how great I was or wasn't, but there was skill in this league, a couple of guys had cups of coffee in the NHL. And a bunch of guys thought they were playing for the Stanley Cup, I just wanted to skate and have a few beers. anyway this one guy on this other team was bat shit crazy. there would be a scuffle and he would be yelling that I meet you in the parking lot after the game. sure as shit, after one game he was waiting for me in the parking lot, he was screaming and cussing and campus police showed up and broke the situation up.

The next week this same jackass sucker punched a guy home a week from Iraq. That got ugly as it took 4 of us to pull the soldier of the jackass. After that incident the jackass was booted out of the league.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/hockey-coach-attacks-ref-after-player-12-hurt-in-game-1.2540097

A 12-year-old hockey player was taken to hospital after being roughed up by a referee at a community arena in Winnipeg on Sunday.

The boy, who was playing in the Southeast Aboriginal Tournament, was reported to be in stable condition.

Winnipeg police say they were called about a fight at the Southdale Community Centre at about 2 p.m.

A video shot at the game and posted to YouTube shows the referees stepping in to stop a scuffle between two players, while a woman can be heard shouting, "Hey, get your hands off our kids." ...... yadda yadda yadda

somebody should slap that damn woman. Didn't look like ref did anything wrong :dunno: