random MUSIC thoughts

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
The radio kinda ruined Dark Side of the Moon for me. Overplay. I can still appreciate it but I might go the rest of my life without ever putting it on on purpose.

Here's a random memory: Mr Simmons, my Grade 11 (??) Chemistry teacher had The Wall playing in class the day after it came out. We walked into Chemistry class to the strains of the new Pink Floyd album, The Wall.

I feel like, by doing that, he was trying to nip something in the bud or something. Like, he felt like he needed to react to the whole we don't need no education thing - and that's how he did it, basically declaring himself unfazed.

Or something.

reno cool

leave well enough alone
I had a drafting class in 9th grade. They always played music and the #1 song I remember constantly playing: We Built This City On Rock N Roll

Tron

I distinctly remember our music teacher in 3rd grade letting us listen to Queens’s Another One Bites The Dust every day at the end of class IF we all behaved throughout that days lesson.

roguejuror

king john
I miss CDs. I don't like these streaming apps. And popping in a memory card with files into the car player sucks, the UX sucks in most cars. And to manage it from the phone sucks as well, Bluetooth is a battery drain and fiddling with the phone while driving sucks. CDs were perfect, 15-20 songs, two buttons fast seek, volume and that's it.

Matty

Toe Toucher
8th grade teacher had us learn Proud Mary and Down on the Corner on the recorder. It was a number of years before we realized both songs were written and performed by the same bunch of hair farmers.

reno cool

leave well enough alone
I miss CDs. I don't like these streaming apps. And popping in a memory card with files into the car player sucks, the UX sucks in most cars. And to manage it from the phone sucks as well, Bluetooth is a battery drain and fiddling with the phone while driving sucks. CDs were perfect, 15-20 songs, two buttons fast seek, volume and that's it.
I prefer tapes. Actually that shuffle thing I had was pretty cool too. But now I don't know what's going on. Whatever it is. Not worth it

reno cool

leave well enough alone
I have a shirt that says that :handshake:

What do we know about Boz Scaggs? I love the opening to Lido Shuffle(?)

Lido missed the boat that day he left the shack,
but that was all he missed and he ain't coming back :clap:

Tron

Heard this Adele song “I Miss You” today for the first time. I guess it came out a few years ago. I’m pretty sure I’ve never much liked an Adele song.

That’s a song right there, folks.

:10: