random MUSIC thoughts

Matty

Toe Toucher
Scored a vintage Crybaby wah and Phase 90 off Blue Rodeo’s guitarist today. He underpriced his shit by a factor of 3. Still can’t believe my luck.

1968 Crybaby

1975 MXR Phase 90

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
Let me preface this by saying that I am not a guy who copies/pastes music videos on the internet every time I listen to a song. I don't post pictures of my food or every cloud I just saw. I am not THAT guy. I believe my record shows that.

So hopefully, when I do post a video, which I am about to do, people will say, "Ah, must be something worth seeing in there." And there is. This vid has very interesting, thoughtful, darkly artistic visual stuff all through it.

The lyrics too - which I can't really make out in the video so I looked them up ---> pretty interesting too.

Maybe everyone has already seen it anyway and I'm the last guy to discover it. But anyway, it's the guy from Atlanta - and also Star Wars - and this video has 150 million views and counting - so I guess he is on fire these days. Gotta say, I'm a fan.

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
Sometimes I wonder how tempting it was for the Barenaked Ladies, instead of saying

I'm warning you
Don't ever do
Those crazy messed up things that you do

to instead say this, which would fit just as perfectly with the meter of the song

I'm warning you
Don't ever do
That crazy fucked up shit that you do

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
At ~2:35, I thought he was saying Underpants, underpants, underpants

But he wasn't saying Underpants, underpants, underpants

reno cool

leave well enough alone
I just ran across this band Kadavar, not too bad, the drummer especially. ..plus he looks like Teen Wolf
1528092295840.png

Matty

Toe Toucher
In another installment of Matty Listens Absent-Mindedly to Spotify & Suddenly Realizes That The Lyrics to a Famous Song Are Pretty Naughty Indeed, we examine AC/DC's Thunderstruck.

So the guy does blow (caught in the middle of a railroad track, my mind raced, beating in my heart, yadda yadda yadda), drives to a Texas strip club with at least one buddy and proceeds to get not just one but two blowjobs from a stripper (I was shaking at the knees, could I come again please, yeah them ladies were too kind.)

Pretty sure they play this song before little league games.

Matty

Toe Toucher
For context: I knew no English the first few hundred times I listened to these classic rock tunes. I also tend to ignore lyrics and just focus on melody and rhythm. :handshake:

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
I am glad Jenny talked me into getting my piano tuned a couple months back. I hadn't used it in a number of years (mainly because I switched exclusively to my electric keyboard for my music project). But Jenny did not find the electric acceptable. She wants to be serenaded with the real deal.

So I did it.

Anyway, once again I've got a viable piano sitting over there. It's nice. Seems like mostly I just play interpretive versions of 90's Radiohead songs - but it makes me happy.

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
And now, I shall tune my 12-string guitar - which has also been out of use for awhile - and see if I can work out my own unplugged version of the Foo Fighters song, Times Like These.

Doing music. It does not go away for me.

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
You'll never guess what I just listened to. Visiting some childhood memories and whatnot.

Go on, guess. Go ahead.

No but seriously man, Peter and the Wolf. Or as I usually call it, Пе́тя и волк

And let me just say this about that: it's kinda fucked up.

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
Average person stops seeking out new music by age 28: survey

Listening to the same songs over and over rather than seeking out new tunes? You have plenty of company -- if you're 28 or over.

A survey by streaming service Deezer found that the average person reaches "musical paralysis" -- when she or he primarily listens to familiar tracks and does not seek out new genres -- at the age of 27 years and 11 months.

Matty

Toe Toucher
Yup, sounds about right.

BTW you know when Bieber is singing “Love Yourself?” Yeah well he’s really telling his ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez to go fuck herself. 😲

I’m smart.

Tron

I’m 45 and buy at least 2 new tracks on iTunes a month but I did suspect I was in the minority.