random MUSIC thoughts

Matty

Toe Toucher
Spotify is making me less productive.

Several times a day now, I’m stopped dead in my tracks as I catch some wild fuckin’ lyric I’d never heard before, then I google it to make sure I didn’t dream it.

The following masterpiece is from Guns n Roses:

“Immigrants and faggots
They make no sense to me
They come to our country
And think they'll do as they please
Like start some mini-Iran
Or spread some fucking disease
And they talk so many God damn ways
It's all Greek to me”

:littleboy:

Am I a man or am I a muppet?
If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet.
Am I a muppet or am I a man?
If I'm a man that makes me a muppet of a man.

:handshake:

reno cool

leave well enough alone
Spotify is making me less productive.

Several times a day now, I’m stopped dead in my tracks as I catch some wild fuckin’ lyric I’d never heard before, then I google it to make sure I didn’t dream it.

The following masterpiece is from Guns n Roses:

“Immigrants and faggots
They make no sense to me
They come to our country
And think they'll do as they please
Like start some mini-Iran
Or spread some fucking disease
And they talk so many God damn ways
It's all Greek to me”

:littleboy:
whoa? Is that like their new stuff? Since listening to Ozzy's boneyard I've developed a liking for many bands I haven't paid much attention to before, such as Iron Maiden. GnR was one of the bands I actually liked from their beginning, but later became indifferent to. I did recently grow to appreciate Rocket Queen. :up:

G&R

Part of me thinks they’re overrated but part of me thinks if they could have avoided the personality conflicts they could have been one of the all time greats.

That is not exactly what happened in this case though

The Adagio in G minor popularly attributed to the 18th-century Venetian master Tomaso Albinoni, was actually composed by 20th-century musicologist and Albinoni biographer Remo Giazotto, purportedly based on the discovery of a manuscript fragment by Albinoni. There is a continuing scholarly debate about whether the alleged fragment was real, or a musical hoax perpetrated by Giazotto, but there is no doubt about Giazotto's authorship of the remainder of the work.

Damn fine piece of music in any case, which has been used in a long list of movies and TV shows. Excellent for emotional moments. Excellent for death. I recently heard it again in the last episode of American Crime Story, The Assassination of Gianni Versace.

Here it is on YouTube, being attributed, as it always is, to the wrong guy:

Got my piano tuned for the first time in like 5 years. It's back in key and is very playable for an old guy.

So I have sat down and farted around on it a few times. My old friend.

Here's the thing I had forgotten though that I am now being reminded of: I'm not actually that good at playing the piano.