random MUSIC thoughts

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
I feel like the song Taking Care of Business is surprisingly successful considering how much of a fuck you it is to a large part of it's target demographic.

It's kinda like haha you sucker, having to live a normal lowly working life. Lookit me, I'm self-employed. I got it so much better than you. Why don't you just do what I do? Yeah, like you could pull that off.

Has always been the message I have gotten from that song.

Yet it has had a lot of success and staying power.

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
Also, I have reason to believe that the song Sugar by Maroon 5 is the only song in the world right now. Getting some extreme play on the stations around here.

I didn't even realize it was Maroon 5 until ~3 hours ago. Been hearing it for weeks and did not put that together. Kinda thought it might be Flight of the Conchords. I said that out loud a few times. Hey is this Flight of the Conchords? Kinda joking but it does sound like some of their parodies.

But the actual song ---> they aren't kidding.

FairWarning

Boring Poster
I feel like the song Taking Care of Business is surprisingly successful considering how much of a fuck you it is to a large part of it's target demographic.

It's kinda like haha you sucker, having to live a normal lowly working life. Lookit me, I'm self-employed. I got it so much better than you. Why don't you just do what I do? Yeah, like you could pull that off.

Has always been the message I have gotten from that song.

Yet it has had a lot of success and staying power.
The wedding reception circuit gave it new life.

stevek174

BANNED
So is electric slide.

That shit? That shit pisses me THE FUCK off.

I dodn't notice that was after Puvkiiieee

Nevermind.

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
Actually though, while I was always kind of lukewarm on Sugar - and I have no idea why it is suddenly the only song certain radio stations play when it's been around for months on lesser rortation - after seeing the video I appreciate it more.

Kinda cornball I guess and I don't know how real the scenario is - but it's actually sincerely touching and the music works better with these images than just in a vacuum.

stevek174

BANNED
Adam's tough for me - I mostly don't like his stuff very much and I don't consider it rock but his recognition of talent is completely on point, very sick writer and performer too. He is a perfect of example of what I feel separates me from the the new age pop kids. That and a very small difference of appetite.

PuckOff

Adam's tough for me - I mostly don't like his stuff very much and I don't consider it rock but his recognition of talent is completely on point, very sick writer and performer too. He is a perfect of example of what I feel separates me from the the new age pop kids. That and a very small difference of appetite.
This response is a perfect example of why you are faking your so called bi-polar shit.

stevek174

BANNED
Yeah and a prescription from someone 45 years in the industry with blood work with a cranked up thyroid result and it running in my family for decades must all mean you're right.

Jesus Christ man. What even in the fuck. So fucking bad. I seriously feel terrible for you but leave me the fuck alone.

I do not know you. Move on.

stevek174

BANNED
Yup. Telltale sign of the bp so that's cool figured as much. They didn't just dish me out pills Ninaballs they made sure shit was real first, takes more time and money but it's the pro move, it was full nurse/shrink evaluation then shrink/prescription guy and I shot completely straight with what's really up because if it wasn't real, I didn't want to be diagnosed for something inappropriate. Everyone wins. Gonna grab some grub and get a late workout talk to you soon.

Badnina

I am well aware of what happens with a cranked up thyroid. That was what landed my butt in the hospital a couple years back. I take medication to try to keep mine calm. I have come to terms with the fact that at some point, my thyroid and I will be parting company.

Tron

Is there a bigger band in the world than Maroon 5 where no one could care less about the rest of the group beyond the lead singer?

Those other guys have close to zero name/face recognition.

Mudcat

Yer goddamn right!
Maybe people's appreciation of Taking Care of Business is really just a statement of generosity of spirit in the human condition. Like, even if things may not be perfect for me, I can be happy for you doing well.

That's nice if people are like that. I'm more on the screw you side of things but maybe some people aren't so small-minded.

There is another old rock song like that too. I know I hear it on the classic rock station - but I can't think what exactly it is right at this second.

What is that song? Someone just obnoxiously crowing about how great they've got it compared to me.

It will come to me . . .

:thinking: