Poll: Alec Baldwin or Jerry Seinfeld

• Start date
  • Replies 9 Comments
  • Views 666 Views

Who has gotten further, Alec Baldwin or Jerry Seinfeld?

• Total voters

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
This is not totally random. I was watching an episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and Jerry asks Alec which of them he thinks has worked harder, and Alec sez something like, "I have worked harder but not gotten as far."

That really got me thinking. What is your opinion?

Well, I get the feeling that Alec is talking about money, in which case yeah. Seinfeld wears $50k tuxedos anytime he leaves the house now.

Jerry has definitely worked smarter than Alec.

Haven't seen much of Alec but his SNL stuff isn't that funny

I gotta say Alec Baldwin. He had a decade long run as a top leading man, then made a graceful transition into strong supporting work with an Oscar nomination and working with Scorsese yada yada. He has done intense drama - with some meaningful stuff in there - as well as comedy.

Of course Seinfeld has gotten further specifically with comedy. I know Alec was on 30 Rock which was a successful show - but it wasn't his show - anyway I never saw it. Seinfeld of course has that iconic show - with his name on it.

Seinfeld wins TV by a mile. But then Alec wins movies by a mile. Bee Movie was delightful and everything, but no --> Alec.

Alec is incredibly smart and witty and funny - that episode of CICGC is definitely worth a watch - he's more naturally sharp and hilarious than I realized - but Seinfeld is Seinfeld. I thought he was great long before his show - and he's still great. Seinfeld wins comedy.

Baldwin wins drama by about eleventy billion miles - but then Seinfeld is not even trying. It's like saying Cal Ripken is a better baseball player than Bobby Orr.

Tough call. I guess I have always placed more weight on movies than TV so I give the slightest edge to Baldwin.

I was obviously giving a subjective view on the quality of their careers - not comparing bank accounts. FWIW a quick check of net worths reveals:

Jerry Seinfeld - $820 million
Alec Baldwin - $65 million

Seinfeld wins the battle of cash money.

:handshake:

snl, boy has that become an embarrassingly bad show. Gotta take away points for that.

They both seem kinda douchey, but Seinfeld is kinda legendary. He was one of the guys from that great era of standup. When we used to watch Dangerfields and At the Improv. ...Baldwin, it's like who even knows which Baldwin is which :dunno:

Other than the odd clip that gets put in front of me, I haven't watched SNL since Dan Aykroyd was calling Jane Curtin an ignorant slut.

No, that's not totally true. There was an episode that was getting intensely hyped a few years back with Betty White. I thought, 'Okay, what the fuck, let's see what's going on.'

Here is a photo of me from that Saturday night: :facepalm:

Seinfeld vs Ellen

Would be interesting comparison.

Cash/popularity wise.