• Replies 24 Comments
  • Views 3,295 Views

Deuce

Broke
Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
I like it. Don't know what they are giving up though.

Looks like Ian White and Matt Stajan for Phaneuf.

I have always liked Phaneuf, he is just having a bad year. He is a Brian Burke guy.

Leafs get Phaneuf, Giguere in multi-team blockbuster

http://www.thestar.com/sports/artic...haneuf-giguere-in-multi-team-blockbuster?bn=1

GM Brian Burke has shaken up his struggling squad in a blockbuster multi-team trade with the Calgary Flames and Anaheim Ducks.

From the Flames, the Leafs ended up star Flames defenceman Dion Phaneuf, as well as forward Fredrik Sjostrom and defenceman Keith Aulie. They gave up forwards Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman and Jamal Mayers, and defenceman Ian White.

Burke called Phaneuf “an elite player.”

“This guys a warrior, he's got a cannon for a shot and he plays the game hard,” Burke said Sunday.

According to various reports, the Leafs also dealt goalie Vesa Toskala to the Anaheim Ducks for goalie J.S. Giguere and a draft pick. Giguere has one more year left on his deal and will earn $7 million (U.S.).

There was a delay while Giguere made up his mind whether to waive his no trade clause.

Stajan is an unrestricted free agent. White is a restricted free agent.

Last edited:
Wow, they sure gave up a lot for Dion. I don't know if I like it anymore.

Wow, they sure gave up a lot for Dion. I don't know if I like it anymore.

Deuce, Ron Wilson (American) and Brian Burke (American) are only in Toronto to destroy Canadian hockey teams.

First thing out of the loudmouth Burke when he arrived in the hockey capital of the universe was "we will build this team by not trading our draft picks" Then he sends all out first round picks to Boston (his hometown) for Kessel (an American).

Not a bad gamble IMO. And it looks like they're finally getting rid of Toskala. They just gotta hope that Giguere comes back from the dead.

These are awesome trades for Toronto.

Basically it works out like this:
Trade #1.
Stajan for Aulie
Sjostrom for Mayers
White and Hagman for Phaneuf

This is a sick return for Toronto. Awesome job by Burke.

Trade #2. Blitty must be ready to hang himself over this obe
Giguere
FOR
Toskala and Jason Blake.

Sweet deal for the Leafs.

WOOOOHOOOOOO we finally got rid of Giggy!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are way off Puckoff, I am very happy with this transaction.

I have been dreaming of this moment, since the day after we won the cup in 07' (to tell you the truth even before that) GOOD RIDDANCE

Watch Toskala and Blake become superstars in anaheim, maybe not tosk cause he will be back up, but Blake has still got it.

GO DUCKS

You done lost your goddamn mind! I think you don't watch enough Eastern Conference hockey.

I gotta agree with the Frenchman on this, Toskala is HORRIBLE!

He is so bad they renamed a terrible goal a "Toskala" - like a Mulligan.

The Leafs gave up NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING.

Blake ain't much, his salary was a major sore point with the Leafs management.

I will miss ZERO of the underperforming fucks they sent packing.
(OK, I will miss Ian White a little - he is a good prairies kid that just got traded to a team closer to home.)

Now all we have to do is stop signing Canadiens rejects (Komisarek).

You done lost your goddamn mind! I think you don't watch enough Eastern Conference hockey.

Have you ever watched a western conference game matty? Giggy is not good. You just like him cause he is a fellow member of the separatist movement :grin:

Last edited:
Have you ever watched a western conference game matty? Giggy is not good. You just like him cause he is a fellow member of the separatist movement with you :grin:

Toskala is alot worse than Gigeure - but the main reason the Leafs did this was to give the "monster" some time to develop while someone else is the Leafs number 1.

I gotta agree with the Frenchman on this, Toskala is HORRIBLE!

He is so bad they renamed a terrible goal a "Toskala" - like a Mulligan.

The Leafs gave up NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING.

Blake ain't much, his salary was a major sore point with the Leafs management.

I will miss ZERO of the underperforming fucks they sent packing.
(OK, I will miss Ian White a little - he is a good prairies kid that just got traded to a team closer to home.)

Now all we have to do is stop signing Canadiens rejects (Komisarek).

Did you see the size of giggys contract? Blake was a 40 goal scorer a few years ago, of course he was gonna be forgetful in toronto. I see both those players improving ten-fold (vesa and blake)

Did you see the size of giggys contract? Blake was a 40 goal scorer a few years ago, of course he was gonna be forgetful in Toronto. I see both those players improving ten-fold (vesa and blake)

I agree, but math doesn't lie, 10 x 0 = 0. Blake will likely start out strong - guys that get traded usually find some spark in their game on a new team.

In no time Blake will return to his old self, fast, little, no heart, floater and defensive liability.

His 40 goal season won't be repeated in Anaheim.

toskala is going to be the back-up , hopefully blake can return to his islanders form and they unloaded jiggy`s huge contract .The ducks made out !

LOLOLOL

I can't believe we got Phanuef for all those bums LOL