• Replies 577 Comments
  • Views 36,419 Views

Oksana

zig a zig ah
Since
Jun 16, 2010
Score
Tokens
I saw you mention to someone on here to hook up with you on Facebook and you said your name was GBJ. Are you this guy?

http://forum.sbrforum.com/private-zone/574949-beware-guy-please-read-he-starting-other-sites.html

Beware of this guy - Please read. He is starting other sites

GBJ Selling HotSportsPlays.com & SportsPicksandNews.com

scam check - scam check scam check - scam check okokocontact me - contact me contact me - contact me okokoFlippa - Flippa Flippa - Flippa okoko

When a Flippa buyer contacts me looking for help recovering his funds from a potential scammer I never know what to expect. Some times it is just the buyer being anxious, sometimes it is a misunderstanding, and some times — the buyer has indeed been scammed.

That is the case here.

I was contacted to look into a case regarding this Flippa auction. The buyer claimed that the seller had essentially taken his $4200 payment and not delivered the website promised. After some basic investigation into the matter I found the buyer’s claims to be true. I verified the payment had been made and even talked with the seller who had STILL been trying to sell hotsportsplays.com to yet another buyer.

The seller eventually admitted the issue and even revealed that there had been another victim. Although the seller, GBJ., didn’t take personal responsibility for the scam, he did knowingly (and unknowingly) reveal a bunch of useful information. And, again, he did admit to taking payment from these victims without delivering the site or refunding their money.

I talked to GBJ about coming clean on the scam and refunding those who had been burned. In working with the victims I was sure they would be willing to work out payment arrangements to recover their lost funds, but GBJ seemed to have no interest in returning the money, only in protecting himself.

GBJ still has not returned any of the funds to the victims and he eventually did resell (the already 2x sold-and-paid-for) www.hotsportsplays.com to this guy. The sale was made on June 14th for $690… GBJ was nice enough to post a screenshot himself — which was found in his latest Flippa listing.

HERE IS A SCREENSHOT OF THE PAYMENT FOR THE SITE ($690) ON JUNE 14:

(Click for Larger View)

HERE IS A SCREENSHOT OF THE TWO PREVIOUS PAYMENTS FOR THE SITE ($4200, $1800):

(Click for Larger View)

These were collected from GBJ own listing on Flippa. But, in case he makes changes they have been archived online.

An IC3 complaint (I#1006111710133181?) has been filled on GBJ and over 40 pages of documentation has been obtained in the case. I do hope GBJ (and Friend) will come clean and make restitution on the victims of this scam. If they wish to contact me I will help them get on the right track — making restitution and heading in a direction away from online scams and into online success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shari, I'll take YES for the max, thanks.

I'll let you move the line after plommer's max-bet and I'll pound it again for the max.

:popcorn:

Nice sleuthing Shari, pal. Tacomax would be proud.

I get the feeling:

A) Mr Pappas doesn't do as well as he claims with his sports picks - why would he need to rip people off by selling his site twice?
B) Mr Pappas will have some excuse/reasonable explanation of the allegation against him
C) Won't be around much longer.

Shari - although there is no doubt as to the identity of the person once you click on the link, I've removed the real names from this site at least.

I'm sure that this isn't the same person who talked here only the other day about his recent multi-thousand dollar site sale through flippa.com

Shari - although there is no doubt as to the identity of the person once you click on the link, I've removed the real names from this site at least.

I'm sure that this isn't the same person who talked here only the other day about his recent multi-thousand dollar site sale through flippa.com

Thank you for removing them and sorry I left them there. I thought about that after a little while because I started to feel a little badly for him but you had come and fixed it for me anyway. :kiss:

This kid talks and gives out too much information. He's be a lousy partner in crime.

good job 006!

pm that guy and tell him/her that pappa is trying to sell another site here

it can only be a coincidence

spock-logic-begninning.jpg

PS:

knowspock_good_evil.jpg

Juror, did you know that its still not hockey season?

PS: Why is an admitted Flyers fanatic wearing an Atlanta Thrashers game jersey?

This is illogical.

Matty rain will agree with me.

Plommenbaum, when do we get our cut?