• Replies 15 Comments
  • Views 769 Views

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
WTH? In January I was waking up early, hitting the gym like mad for hours daily, felt good. Last few months I can't seem to get going. Zero energy..so tough to get going in the morning. Is this a vicious cycle? Lack of cardio? I was always a morning person but literally tough to get out of bed these days. I know my eating habits have sucked lately. I probably don't get enough protein, but that's always been the case.

IS there a specific supplement I should take that will help with this? SOmething I should cut out? I started with vitamin D supplements lately. I know I need more fruits and veggies, but anything else I can do? REdbull doesn't do a thing anymore. I don't even get my daily anxiety episodes anymore. I sleep without ambien for first time in ten years. Wth. I know I should be talking to my doctor, but don't want to go til I've exhausted obvious solutions. Anyone ever go thru this?

It could be a peri-menopause thing I guess? Look at me Plommer playing the woman perimenpause victim card! :bee:

No more anxiety issues and sleep without med aids? Sounds like some good things going on physically so maybe adjust yourself to wake up later and get more done later in the day? Try one cup of coffee to get you going when you wake up and see what happens! No more RedBull honey bunny! Luv ya!

yeah the sleeping well and less anxiety prob means you have a more balanced amount of serotonin and dopamine and less bad stress hormance like cortisol and epinephrine.

these kinds of hormones and neurotransmitters can fluctuate just from season to season (more/less sun)

I'd give it some more time and try to overpower the lack of energy with willpower in the hopes that actually getting that good exercise will eventually lead to a more balanced natural energy.

THanks guys...doesn't matter when I wake Mr. M. I've been up since 8 and still laying in bed and still tired. I have had a RB and two cups of coffee. I feel like I could fall asleep right now. I need to have blood work done (ordered over a month ago for unrelated? issue) but too tired to get up and get to dr without coffee which I can't have on a fast.

The other new thing is I am always freezing cold in the morning. Freezing. Can't get warm. This is a symptom that corresponds with the timing of the fatigue. I had a couple episodes at the gym where I had walked on the treadmill for like three hours, was sweating really bad, went out into the freezing cold (no coat) and never got warm again for 2 days. I think I might have blown something out internal temperature regulation. I was fine in Mexico. I suppose it could be depression but don't really feel depressed...if anything I feel anxious about the future, but no physical anxiety feeling. If I have to get up to do something i.e., feed the dog, see the life coach, etc., i can manage to get there, but anything discretionary is really tough...even getting to the shower. Although once I finally can move, I usually have about 4-5 good hours in me before I want to go back to bed.

Hey MUDDY...if you are reading this... Since I haven't had as much anxiety, I've cut way down in the Ativan...could this be a withdrawal symptom? I still take them, but not as much. I would think fewer Ativan would mean more energy, but maybe not.

IM going to try to push thru this week as Archie suggested and see if cardio doesn't help. I was walking ten miles a day 4x week in Jan...right now walking 2 blocks seems challenging. Fok.

Have you had your hormones checked? I went through a stage where I had no energy and they found that my cortisol levels were ridiculously high. I just went again to have them checked and my iron and Vitamin D levels were low.

Have you had your hormones checked? I went through a stage where I had no energy and they found that my cortisol levels were ridiculously high. I just went again to have them checked and my iron and Vitamin D levels were low.

THanks Teela...I haven't done much..I kept thinking maybe it was a temporary thing, or tied to the weather or something. What did they do when your cortisol levels were high? Are you taking Iron/Vitamin D supplements now? I have tried Vitamin D supplements but haven't been too consistent and I would imagine it takes a while for them to kick in. I will have my hormones checked.

MAy just be my current diet staples of frozen pizza and frozen yogurt aren't cutting it in the vitamin department. I know how to eat right. I just do it in stages, interspersed with stages of too much nutrient deficient, overly processed food....but that has always been the case, and never felt like this.

Do they test hormone levels with a regular blood test?

I'm not sure - they did take blood and I had to pee in a cup. They checked for everything (thyroid, etc.). The first time, I went to a "functional" wellness doctor and she gave me some supplements that were supposed to lower the cortisol levels. My current doctor thought that was hilarious.

I'm taking supplements for iron, but they just drew blood again (two weeks ago) and my iron is still ridiculously low. I'm sure that they'll talk to me about that at my appointment this week.

Try cutting out the caffeine altogether. It will suck for about three weeks, but you'll feel a lot better with reduced anxiety and more energy. I had to cut out Coca-Cola (I drank it like water) because it gave me a stomach ulcer and it made a big difference in my day-to-day health.

I also cut out coffee just after the holidays. I've had a bunch of issues with dizziness and anxiety these past years and they were totally triggered by coffee.

We're getting old, Gamelive.

:mudcat:

Mattay! Either way you look at it gamelive has been a significant part of all our lives now. Its almost kinda special.

Topical Magnesium. I swear by it these days. Been using it the last 3 months and I have NEVER felt better.

Topical Magnesium. I swear by it these days. Been using it the last 3 months and I have NEVER felt better.
topical? I guess it's a cream? Where do you get it, and where do you put it?

IAG
topical? I guess it's a cream? Where do you get it, and where do you put it?

It's in spray form. We order it online. I spray 3 sprays under each armpit before I put my deodorant on in the morning. You can put it on anywhere though pretty much.

Most Americans are Magnesium deficient. I was hesitant about trying it, but after my GF showed me a bunch of studies, I started to use it. I swear by it now. It helps with cramping and other maladies as well. I sleep about 6 hours a day because of my work schedule, and using the Magnesium has given me a steady stream of energy that I hadn't had before I started using it.

I also cut out coffee just after the holidays. I've had a bunch of issues with dizziness and anxiety these past years and they were totally triggered by coffee.

We're getting old, Gamelive.

:mudcat:

Did you finish your Tim Horton set first?

Certainly did. (I bought all the singles I was missing off eBay for a dollar each. #nerd)

I gave up caffeine in February 2013 and didn't start drinking it again until a few months ago. I don't think it's for the energy as much as it is for the taste/habit.