• Replies 3 Comments
  • Views 223 Views

tullamore

angry and drunk
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Have you heard anything recently with covid about how strict Canada is currently with letting Americans with DUIs in. I got Pearl Jam tickets for September in Quebec City and trying to figure out which of my idiot friends can make the trip without hassle. In past precovid I’ve seen it be a hassle and other times a complete non issue

And thanks for producing McDavid

Pearl Jam is perhaps my top 3 band. Have seen them many times. Always a great show!

Can a United States citizen enter Canada with a DUI?

A US citizen can enter Canada with a DUI temporarily if they apply for a Temporary Resident Permit, or permanently through the process of a Criminal Rehabilitation. A valid Temporary Resident Permit must be presented at the border upon entry to Canada, while those who hold a finding of a Criminal Rehabilitation do not need to present any permit, as the finding permanently removes the inadmissibility from their file.

Can someone with a DUI conviction in the us travel to Canada?

U.S. citizens are the only worldwide citizens who do not require an eTA to travel by air, which means that they are the only ones who can present a Temporary Resident Permit at the airport. For those outside of the U.S. who have a DUI conviction, the only way to get into Canada is to fly into the U.S. and then drive to the Canadian border with a Temporary Resident Permit.

Additionally, Canada has front line access to the National Crime Information Center database, which makes American offenses easier for border agents to detect.