• Replies 55 Comments
  • Views 3,799 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I have realized that I can no longer in good conscience deprive the forum of my every miniscule thought about these games. So I will use this thread as a digest.

Now don't panic - I will continue to contribute to other threads that come up. I repeat - DO NOT PANIC!

Where to start? There is one obvious place. There is one overwhelming dominant fact of these Games.

The pants of Norway's men's curling team.

curlingpants.jpg

Meanwhile Canada's curling team skipped by Kevin Martin is rounding into form and looking machine-like in their dismantling of Sweden. There was some shakiness in their first draw against Norway but not today.

And it's over. Canada goes to 3-0.

Lindsey Vonn versus Kelly Vanderbeek

I guess everyone knows who Lindsey Vonn is. Kelly Vanderbeek is a Canadian downhiller who is unfortunately missing the games due to injury.

Even when Kelly is healthy, there is no denying that Lindsey Vonn wins when it comes to skiing. She kicks everyone's ass all over the mountain.

But when it comes to hotness, I like our angel-faced Canadian. Unfortunately I don't have bikini shots of her - and Lindsey Vonn looks very good in a bikini. So no final determination can be made, but it is worth opening debate.

Lindsey Vonn:

bbca6d504a09bd9f5f73fed48fe80431_lindseyvonn.jpg

Kelly Vanderbeek:

Lindsey Vonn is a FAKER. She faked her injury to make herself look like a fighter. A champion. A real Yank hero. She faked her injury and now she will get more endorsements. She's a faker and a good actress, but at the same time she's a self marketing genius. But hey, aren't we all?

I am developing increasingly warm, tender feelings for Cheryl Bernard, the skip of our Canadian Ladies Curling team. She is extremely MILFish - which is hot enough - but she is also curling very well - which is just about the biggest turn-on I know.

If I disappear from the forum, it is because I have gone to stalk her.

So the freaking hockey team has to settle for a shoot-out victory over Switzerland. :iconrolleyes:

Same old story. I have been following various Team Canadas going back to 1972 and it is amazing (annoying) how often they have these slow start clunkers just to make everything that much more nervous. Often they pull together just in time. But sometimes they don't.

I was hoping after the 8-0 win over Norway this might be the rare case where they just play like they're supposed to from the start. Nope.

Christine Nesbitt picked up a gold medal for Canada in the 1000m long track speed skating today. :thumbup:

Canuck men's curlers about to go 4-0. :thumbup:

Women are 3-0. :thumbup:

Who is that hot chick that is a snowboarder for the American team? She is definitely better looking than the Vonn girl. I was watching her do the halfpipe tonight....

Not sure which one you are referring to. Elena Hight maybe? She can do my whole pipe any time!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good times.

Not sure which one you are referring to. Elena Hight maybe? She can do my whole pipe any time!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good times.

I found her...Gretchen Bleiler

YUMMMY!!!!!

20090714_gretchenbleilerfhm.jpg

bleiler_fhm.jpg

Move over Martina and Venus! There are new leaders atop the Hottest Female Athlete debates!!!

Elena Hight is another US half-piper is who is very cute

elena-hight-usa-500x357.jpg

they look like college girls without a nice rack.

I found her...Gretchen Bleiler

YUMMMY!!!!!

Are you being for real here? That chick's face is busted Amby.

DanceGirl is waaaaayyy hotter.

I am not getting tired of reporting the Canadian curlers' results.

Men are 5-0 with a big game in the late draw which is a rematch of the (traumatic) 2009 World Championship final, Kevin Martin versus David Murdoch's team from Scotland (Great Britain).

Women are 4-0.

Meanwhile Canada picks up our 4th gold medal yesterday in the insane event of men's Skeleton. John Montgomery is the loony in question.

Men are 5-0 with a big game in the late draw which is a rematch of the (traumatic) 2009 World Championship final, Kevin Martin versus David Murdoch's team from Scotland (Great Britain).

Big victory for the Canuck men against the one team that has had their number in recent times. Canadians go to 6-0 and the Scots are pushed into a precarious 3-3 position, maybe even in danger of missing the playoffs. They are nice guys but I wouldn't mind them right out of the picture.

What's the playoff picture like Mudcat? US loses first 4 and they say they can still medal. How does this shit work? I've enjoyed watching late night curling after hockey.

Good question. I'm not positive but judging by the schedule, it appears to be a straight-up situation of 4 teams advance. There are two semi-finals scheduled. The winners would play for gold/silver, losers play for bronze.

This would be slightly different than the "page playoff" system that is used at the Canadian and World Championships - but it would be the same in that 4 teams would advance.

So I feel pretty sure you have to be in the top 4.

The qualification round is a 10 team round-robin so each team will play 9 games. The US is 2-4 with 3 games remaining so they definitely have a mathematical chance. Several teams are bunched up around the middle. Often tie-breakers are required to decide the final playoff spot(s). They are on the outside looking in and they need help but they have a chance.