• Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 1,346 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Well, it's real. My apartment is being shown to someone in about an hour. There is some expectation that will lead to an open-ended, they-are-flexible-to-move-in-as-soon-as-you-are-ready. Meaning no 60 day notice required from me.

I could end up moving next bloody weekend.

It's going to happen.

I mean, even if the person today ends up not wanting it, it's going to happen.

Moving. It's a thing.

Moving fucking sucks. I rather pinch my dick with my zipper than move.

Enjoy

I am gradually getting settled in myself. If I can help you find a good place let me know, if it's going to be local at all and you can provide transportation. Yes I'm going through a ton of stuff right now but I work out a lot, love to help people and would love to help out at no charge - I love exercise.

Peace.

My Super informed me I have lived here since 2000. 16+ years. Such a nice place too. Nice little box in a nice building in a nice area.

Well, there's no A/C. I don't give a crap - I have been free to install something if I wanted it but I never cared enough - but that would bother a lot of people.

Whatever.

Muddy I think you could live a better life elsewhere, easily. Especially a college town where everything's cheap for the students and you could land an incredible job, find a beautiful woman and quickly expand your economic liquidity. Gyms and good food are a dime a dozen as well and no you don't have to drink.

My two cents, on that.

Muddy you should listen to what eggs has to say. Guy's gotten his shit together lately.

BOL with the move. I'm with Tully though, I'd rather watch him pinch his dick in a zipper.

I look forward to living like 10 minutes from work. I'll say that. That's the endgame.

Do you know my car still hasn't got 100,000 km (62,500 miles) on it?

It's sitting at 99+ right now so I won't be able to say that for long but yap.

2006 model. Old pic but it still looks just the same:

mdHwbhL.jpg

Yeah but no but I'm sure there's another respectable box for me out there.

whatever happened with that ass that use to take up 3 spots on the street in front of your place with 1 douchey parking job?

has that continued to this day or did he disappear?

Not being self-employed with it happening directly over my left shoulder all the time, I am not as on top of that situation. I don't really know.

We went through a period not long ago where work was being done on the parking areas and everyone had to park on the streets for a month or so - so those spots were super-prime. Seemed like people were pretty good for the most part, allowing for 3 vehicles.

There was an occasional choad though who fucked it up. My guess is they are not purposely mean people. Just oblivious and stupid.

So I have set up my first appointment to view a place for tomorrow. Gonna continue to make calls and probably set up another thing or two for while I'm in the area.

Looks like, if I want to live in a building, I will be paying significantly more.

Basements tend to cost less and be larger square footage, but everyone I talk to is anti-basement. I have had one experience in my life living in a basement apt. - which was excellent - but I get the feeling that was the exception to the rule.

But no harm having a look I imagine.

Basements tend to cost less and be larger square footage, but everyone I talk to is anti-basement. I
But no harm having a look I imagine.

Possibly either cold in the winter or high heat bill or trade -off of cool in the summer and lower AC bill unless these are included in rent? :dunno:

Check this review out Muddy ......
[video]http://journeytosaving.com/the-pros-and-cons-of-a-basement-apartment/[/video]

Good review. I am a bit of an oddball in that, any lack of light and the coolness are almost complete non-factors.

But it's got me thinking hard about the noise factor. Both ways. i.e. - are they noisy and does the sound travel easily? And also do they mind my noise? Perhaps I get busy doing some music.

Plus my work shift is slightly off from normal so I can be expected to be watching TV or whatever at 1 a.m. weekdays. And I hope to sleep until 9:30-ish. Will that work?

I am kinda talking myself into the building - but I am surprised at the increased expense. I knew I had it good here but didn't know how good.

Just getting back from looking at a place.

I don't wanna move. :sad:

I am looking for a rental. Apartment is most likely although I was looking at listings for a town 15 mins. up the road from where I will be working, and there are, like, 4 bedroom houses for rent that don't cost much more that the apartment I looked at yesterday.

Not that I want to look after a 4 bedroom house but I guess there are options out there.

Anyway, a rental.

Muddy, what is name of town you want to rent in?

Houses mean you would have to cut lawn etc. etc.?

I will be working in the city of Milton. I am not necessarily going to live right there though. There are some surrounding towns within 15 minutes such as Acton and Campbellville that I am suddenly feeling more attracted to. But possibly Milton.

House rentals tend to be more maintenance - but there are pluses too. We'll see. I may have a conversation or two about it.

Doesn't look like I'll be moving forward with anything until after out "blackout period" at work where we are not supposed to take any paid time off. With all the shit going on, I just don't have much spare time on my weekends right now to make any progress.

But hopefully I can get the week of Dec. 12th off and just go hog-wild with the searching.