• Views 2,334 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I'll kick it off. This is what I saw in the last week:

The Last Emperor (1987) - Winner of many Oscars including Best Picture. I found it okay but it didn't really grab me. Pretty long, slow-paced movie about subject matter that is not particularly interesting to me (the life story of Pu Yi, the last Emperor of China whose life began as royalty and became something less when China's imperial traditions were kicked to the curb). It's one of these movies that critics are always going to like. Epic in scope, nice photography. For me, 6 out of 10.

Not a movie but:

Dexter Season 4 - my buddy lent me the DVD's and I watched the whole thing in about 3 days. Dexter is always a fun ride. I love his sister. I feel like the overall quality of the show has dipped a bit - this season was more flawed/contrived/repetitive than previous seasons - but still an enthusiastic thumbs up.

Mudcat;125889 [B
Dexter Season 4[/B] - my buddy lent me the DVD's and I watched the whole thing in about 3 days. Dexter is always a fun ride. I love his sister. I feel like the overall quality of the show has dipped a bit - this season was more flawed/contrived/repetitive than previous seasons - but still an enthusiastic thumbs up.

That ending fully destroyed me

Season 5 in 20 days

:cheers:

That ending fully destroyed me

Season 5 in 20 days

:cheers:

Did you know he is married to his sister on the show in real life?

Kinda twisted. Only Dex xould pull that off imo.

I think I heard his voice on a car commercial too. Go get those dollas Dex

The Way of the Gun - there was a thread at SBR, I think it was from Blitty... anyway it prompted the viewing of that messy movie. Summary: everyone has ulterior motives, everyone dies; the end. The highlight is the opening sequence with Sarah Silverman. The ensuing 2 hours have nothing to do with it and they cheapen what is a solid 2-minute SNL skit. 3 Matty Rains.

Supplemental topic - why does Ryan Philippe talk like that?

Muddy you son of a bitch! You beat me. I actually saw zero movies this past week.

Never saw Last Emperor. Dexter is good stuff but I hate his sister. So annoying to me.

Juror please pick a poster for the Ask series today. Thanks man.

Ryan Phillipe is a good looking kid, but yea, he does talk weird.

Dexter is good stuff but I hate his sister. So annoying to me.

Thank you! Yes, pretty annoying.

A big part of the problem with the show is Michael C Hall acting circles around all of his co-stars, and the sister is the worst. It was awesome to have Lithgow around for a season, though. I still enjoy the show quite a bit.

Okey dokey.

I never been a fan of Lithgow, or Jimmy Smits for that matter, but thought both did a great job on the show.

I never been a fan of Lithgow, or Jimmy Smits for that matter, but thought both did a great job on the show.

Well, I was happy with you for a couple minutes.

Dexter is good stuff but I hate his sister. So annoying to me.

MrX
Thank you! Yes, pretty annoying.

A big part of the problem with the show is Michael C Hall acting circles around all of his co-stars, and the sister is the worst.

You know what? I don't need this shit. Fuck you guys. I'm outta here.

:fuckyourmother:

Okay I'm back. Howdy.

:hattip:

Muddy you have a crush cuz she looks like Flo the Progressive girl.

images
images

I like Dexter's sis. The show itself not so much anymore.

Muddy you have a crush cuz she looks like Flo the Progressive girl.

images
images

Wow, good call. I had not consciously acknowledged that but now that I see those pics side-by-side, stuff is rushing to the surface. Sexy stuff.

Saw Date Night last night and was IMO very entertaining. I think MrsM was a little excited like Tina in seeing Mark W. with no shirt on. I felt like Steve throughout the whole movie.