Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
71756.jpg

110951d1260618983-self-immolation-india-rajeev.jpg

monkonfirevc8.jpg

Self_Immolation_1_S.JPG

A Tibetan Buddhist monk protesting Chinese policies immolated himself publicly in a Tibetan area of Sichuan Province in southwest China on Monday, an outside advocacy group reported. It was the second such act in the area in the past five months and appeared to reflect resistance to increased Chinese repression of loyalty to Tibets exiled spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/16/world/asia/16tibet.html?partner=MYWAY&ei=5065

A young Tibetan monk who set himself on fire to protest Chinese rule in the vast Tibetan regions of western China died early on Thursday. It was the first time that a monk protesting against China had killed himself through self-immolation, according to historians of modern Tibet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/18/world/asia/18tibet.html?ref=asia

immolation is hardcore and has somewhat fascinated me. i would think that being burned alive would be one of the worst ways to die (buried alive as well).

crazy shit.

CADDO!

Self-immolation refers to setting oneself on fire, often as a form of protest or for the purposes of martyrdom or suicide. It has centuries-long traditions in some cultures, while in modern times it has become a type of radical political protest. Michael Biggs compiled a list of 533 self-immolations reported in western media from the 1960s to 2002.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-immolation

just in case

Really makes those guys who protest by not eating for a week look like giant pussies. Commit mutherfucker!

gandhi was a pussy

It seems painful and stupid to me. If you are trying to make a point, I don't believe that setting yourself on fire gets it done.

Like if someone came up to me and said they didn't like my position on something - and I was all like, "Well these things happen - c'est la vie" - and they were all like, "No but I really want you to change your position" - and I was all like, "Dude, no" - and then they lit themself on fire . . .

How is that supposed to change my mind? Lighting yourself on fire is not an argument. Like seriously, what does lighting yourself on fire have to do with the price of tea in Saskatchewan?"

No, I would be all like, "That crispy critter on fire right there is one dopey fok."

:sbrjohn:

RAGE against the MACHINE, brah

I think it's pretty symbolic actually. Just like the guy in Tiananmen Square who stood in front of the Chinese tank. It's an image that people remember and can help further your cause if by nothing more than publicity.

seems like that video of the 2 fags, who were dancing around jacking each other off, got a hell of a lot of attention at the gay pride thing too... i remember them and the monk equally...just one act seems to hurt a bit less than the other...

It seems painful and stupid to me. If you are trying to make a point, I don't believe that setting yourself on fire gets it done.

Like if someone came up to me and said they didn't like my position on something - and I was all like, "Well these things happen - c'est la vie" - and they were all like, "No but I really want you to change your position" - and I was all like, "Dude, no" - and then they lit themself on fire . . .

How is that supposed to change my mind? Lighting yourself on fire is not an argument. Like seriously, what does lighting yourself on fire have to do with the price of tea in Saskatchewan?"

No, I would be all like, "That crispy critter on fire right there is one dopey fok."

:sbrjohn:

LOLZZZZZZ. THIS.

When all you have to worry about is the price of tea, yeah it makes no fuckin sense.

I don't think they're doing it for the protest at all. I think they're doing it for the pussy.

if you were to try, I think you could suffocate and die of lack of oxygen in about 20-30 secs of being engulfed in fire, by blowing out all your air prior to be lit

but good gosh, i'd not do it. if i've said it once, i've said it a million times..

self immolation ME NO PRO

Archie, post some wedding video.

Thanks

omg, Gamelive wedding video #1. Good job guey! :clap::clap: