• Replies 15 Comments
  • Views 1,057 Views

Archie

SP Nation and I Ruin things
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I don't know if we have it here, I know they have it at other sites.

I don't want to ignore anyone, I can usually filter out what I want to read.

but there are a few posters that might just need to put each other on ignore. Posters that get really fired up over an E-break-up for instance.

it doesn't have to be permanent. but maybe someone could show us here how easy it is to use IGNORE.

The ignore feature is stupid. It highlights the ignored person's posts, if anything.

good idea archie

just go to that person's profile by clicking their name, for example Mudcat, and hit the Add to Ignore List link to ignore his ass

2dhbioo.jpg

As a leading authority on the ignore function, I will say this:

I have found the ignore function to be great over the years. I am not currently using it here but when I was at SBR, I had like a third of the forum on ignore - and I got a much better experience for it. It's like the difference between watching a TV show on DVD versus in real time with all the commercials. It's so much better without the annoying delays and noise and nonsense.

The one thing I always caution though: the ignore function should not be used to teach someone a lesson. If you are going to feel a strong urge to repeatedly announce that you have that person on ignore, you are not ready to ignore. Also, if you have someone on ignore but you repeatedly feel the need to unignore certain individual posts, you might as well just skip the whole thing. You are not ready yet.

Ignore is not for the insecure.

Honestly, few people on forums are ready for the ignore function. But it is not impossible. If you have peace and seek peace, ignore may be for you.

:scholar:

I have found the ignore function to be great over the years. I am not currently using it here but when I was at SBR, I had like a third of the forum on ignore - and I got a much better experience for it. It's like the difference between watching a TV show on DVD versus in real time with all the commercials. It's so much better without the annoying delays and noise and nonsense.

The one thing I always caution though: the ignore function should not be used to teach someone a lesson. If you are going to feel a strong urge to repeatedly announce that you have that person on ignore, you are not ready to ignore. Also, if you have someone on ignore but you repeatedly feel the need to unignore certain individual posts, you might as well just skip the whole thing. You are not ready yet.

Honestly, few people on forums are ready for the ignore function. But it is not impossible. If you have peace and seek peace, ignore may be for you.

:lmao: This should go into the Gamelive Poster Handbook.

Yes Casper, you normally get it in the mail 8 to 12 weeks after joining, along with prints of the three known Teela nudes.

good say. Yes it is always very hilarious, when a poster repeatedly says "I don't know what so and so poster just said there, because I have them on ignore......oftentimes in a thread the "ignored" poster started.
do posters actually think that hurts their feelings? well..... I guess it might hurt some poster's feelings on 2nd thought

Yes Casper, you normally get it in the mail 8 to 12 weeks after joining, along with prints of the three known Teela nudes.

I am afraid of having any nude pictures of any Gamelive posters....except for Steve. Teela's nudes may make me start to like women again, and I don't need that.

if their gonna keep going back and forth in each other's threads, maybe could get them a sub-forum like Bateman got one at peeps... did he get one here too?

Pretty sharp analysis.